Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: epa cert??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    673

    epa cert??

    guys, what is the best way to get your EPA certification? There are places all over the internet offering testing and certifications. Is one better than the other? Just curious the best way to go about it. thanks for the info as always.

    adam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    guys, what is the best way to get your EPA certification? There are places all over the internet offering testing and certifications. Is one better than the other? Just curious the best way to go about it. thanks for the info as always.

    adam
    I did mine so long ago, I don't know what the best would be, if you could do it online, that seems to be the way to go.

  3. #3
    I got mine through Johnstone Supply, they use Mainstream Engineering's course and test.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    I got mine through Johnstone Supply, they use Mainstream Engineering's course and test.
    You can get your Type one and or your 609 on line with Mainstream

    Good luck

    RSES is also a good place.

    Or most supply houses
    If you help others then you are a Success

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    You can get your Type one and or your 609 on line with Mainstream

    Good luck

    RSES is also a good place.

    Or most supply houses
    are the 608 and 609 both mandatory universal certifications you must have or just the 608 is mandatory?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    are the 608 and 609 both mandatory universal certifications you must have or just the 608 is mandatory?
    609 is for automobiles.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    You can get your Type one and or your 609 on line with Mainstream

    Good luck

    RSES is also a good place.

    Or most supply houses
    do you need type 1, 2, & 3 to be certified fully in the states and before you can get a job? Or is type 1 the only one needed as that is all that mainstream offers online. thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    do you need type 1, 2, & 3 to be certified fully in the states and before you can get a job? Or is type 1 the only one needed as that is all that mainstream offers online. thanks.
    It depends on what type of equipment you are working on.

    If you aren't working on centrifigual units you won't need the low pressure certification.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    68,053
    Type I is only good for small appliances.
    Without Type II you can't work on split units.
    Without Type III you can't work on low presure systems.

    So it depends what you want to work on.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    just study up and get universal! Its not that hard!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    just study up and get universal! Its not that hard!
    No it isn't...I have mine and the closest I ever got to commercial refrigeration before the course was when I'd reach in for the Ben and Jerry's at Wal Mart
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    673
    for those of you who have not gone to SHAYGETZ ******** you need to check it out. He has one of the most bad-a$$ videos i have ever seen about halfway down the page......tornado vs. train.

  13. #13
    Online is good, but you are limited to working on small appliances unless you take a live proctored test. With your online cert, you can still purchase refrigerant, but you can only work on small appliances such as a room air conditioner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event