Question INTERN-APPRENTICE-HELPER IN SA...?

Well im looking to find a/an intern,apprentice,or helper position....in need of experience....im currently attending Everest Institute due to graduate in Sep. and i want get my foot in the door...poor driving record so any advise or positions available let me know....thanks Dustin

Poor diving record huh?

I would say try hvac companies that operate a sheet metal shop.

I'm a 2nd yr sheet metal apprentice and just got placed at a company like that and I love it!

As of right now I have no desire to get back into service. Of course, if they want to try me in the field I'll be willing.

It's kinda a redundant thing around these forums, but try the unions. Both sheet metal and plumbers hall. Inquire about applying and testing for an apprenticeship.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Poor diving record huh?

I would say try hvac companies that operate a sheet metal shop.

I'm a 2nd yr sheet metal apprentice and just got placed at a company like that and I love it!

As of right now I have no desire to get back into service. Of course, if they want to try me in the field I'll be willing.

It's kinda a redundant thing around these forums, but try the unions. Both sheet metal and plumbers hall. Inquire about applying and testing for an apprenticeship.
    Thanks and yea sounds good....but I'm really not one for duct work, don't get me wrong works work, but I'm looking for field work..i know it'll be hard do to my driving record but, if i could just ride with a tech and be a helper until i pay off my tickets then that would be great but don't know if that will be able to happen....and thanks if all else fails i will probably check in to it...

My first job in the field was doing commercial service. In the interview my boss said, "we'll do a driving record check but just so you know, if you have a bad driving record then that'll be a show stopper"

A lot of shops aren't really going to want to pay a body in the passenger seat for long. apprentice or not. There may be times where you have to go grab a part or lunch ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    My first job in the field was doing commercial service. In the interview my boss said, "we'll do a driving record check but just so you know, if you have a bad driving record then that'll be a show stopper"

A lot of shops aren't really going to want to pay a body in the passenger seat for long. apprentice or not. There may be times where you have to go grab a part or lunch ya know?
    TRUE...but im not goin to give up just like that...i mean sh1t i was 15 when i got most of my tickets and a few recently...no speeding dwi or anything like that just no license..no insurance...ect...
    and ill just keep trying..