Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excessive moisture outside air-handle

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Assuming the main trunk is sized adequately and you have enough return... a 4" duct can handle around 60CFM, a 5" 90CFM and a 6" about 150CFM. So with that in mind, the most airflow your supply branches can handle is about 1020... or as you mentioned, abotu 2.5 Tons of airflow. Even with that, you'll have some noisy vents. So shoving 1600CFM throught there is not adviseable. I'd guess the static is so high, it's unliekly the unit is even reaching 1600CFM. SO that might also be why you're getting so much condensation.

I wouldn't be suprised is a load calculation says you only need a 2.5 ton system... so a 3 ton 2 stage unit might have been OK.

Have the contractor come back and first fix the drain issue at minimum.

Beyond that...well good luck.
    Are you a mechanical engineer?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Are you a mechanical engineer?
    How are the house ticket sales going??

Post Likes
    Just got an email from them,two days left,come on guys $50 and you could win a house,good cause,and the winner can't go wrong.

Post Likes

Hmm air hander sweating !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uname2000 View Post

I just got installed the new Trane XL16i 4 tons about 6 days ago. Following are the problems that I am having:

1. Excessive moisture outside air-handle
    2. constant cooling cycle even already change option 220 and 230 from the thermostast TCONT900AC43UA
    3. The dealer update system from 3 ton to 4 ton without do air balancing
    4. The vent direct hit the thermostat made the system shutdown fast

The most concern is why too much moisture developing outside the air-handle?

Does anyone have experience on Trane 4TEE3C07A1000A (air handle), 4TTX6 (outside unit), and TCONT900AC43UA (thermostat)?

How do I measure the CFM at the register? The dealer said it should be right but the register was designed for 2.5 tons when the house had not modified.

There are 4 settings for Airflow Performance on air-handler (290 CFM, 350 CFM, 400 CFM, and 450 CFM). The current setting is 400 CFM for 4 tons. If change it to 350 CFM is it means the system will run as 3.5 tons and 290 CFM is 2.9 tons. Will the cycle is going to be longer if decreasing the CFM?

Thank you,
    You may have a air flow problem! if the duct was size fir a 2/5 ton unit.If you lower the fan speed all this will do is lower sencable heat cap. and raise the latent cap. The compressor needs to have a lower cap. 2 stage or two compressors for low ambeint temp. Yue duct work probley needs up grading to handle the units cap. hope this helps.

Post Likes

I AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by DLR View Post
    If I'm reading you right based on .08 static for the main supply duct you have around 1075 cfms or 2.5 tons based on 400 cfms per ton. The supply branches only add up to around 865 cfms or 2 tons based on 400 cfms per ton/865 cfms. This is grossly undersized for a 4 ton system/1600 cfms.
    Yes register boxes can be replaced unless the structure prevents access to them.
    I bet the return is just as bad. As already stated you need a load calculation to figure the proper size system for you home and duct designed to the size unit you need.
    The thermostat should not be near any supply registers preferably in a location close to the return. If you have one return it should be located as close to the center of the home if possible.
    Manual J first then Manual D and then manual s (for unit) and findly manual T for regesters Works GREAT. You will be very happly. Good luck!
    ste

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    How are the house ticket sales going??
    They are real close to 5000. I think they are going to hit it, but it will be close. They can use all the help they can get.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    So lets all buy a chance!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in