Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you put it with a weak "3 ton" blower, it could run shy of full airflow. If you have a stronger blower, it is fine, may even have to slow it down depending upon the duct system.

How many people would put a new compressor in something 10+ years old even if it were in warranty? What will we have for refrigerants and technology in that time? With people being so mobile, how many are in the same home 10 years from now?

About thwe warranties, rheem is offering 10 years comp. and parts warranty if you register the unit online within 60 days from installation. About reliability check this out from the consumerreports.com "According to the survey of more than 32,000 readers, RHEEM and RUUD were the top 2 brands that were less likely to need repairs. The new federal tax credit may have consumers thinking of adding central air or upgrading their system.Reliability is crucial because breakdowns are inconvenient and costly. New systems are 20 to 40 percent more efficient than those made even 10 years ago". This came out from www.consumerreports.org

Goodman came in last togheter with Heil. These brands have a 60% higher repair history than Rheem/Ruud.

Some good input here! I'd really rather go with the Rheem unit, but like I said, why should I take a chance that this unusually high pressure drop might be a problem, when I have other, safer choices? At 1200 CFM, the Rheem coil has an airflow pressure drop of something like 0.31, while the two Goodman units (and everything else I've looked at) are less than 0.2, so why the big difference? Can one of the experts out there explain why this doesn't make any difference, and if it doesn't, why do they publish these specs?

What's your blower?

Quote Originally Posted by MLeonhardt View Post
    .... as I noticed with mine having a timer set at 60 min. it is spinning the wheels when we have mid 40 degree weather.
    I moved my timer to 90 minutes. No problems with frost build up in the 2 years that I've had my heat pump. I am in Baltimore.

Take care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12