Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's Just Be Honest Here

I read the post about the CEO who fired anyone who had an Obama bumper sticker on their car and I think I've found a solution if you agree with "Mr." CEO.......Or you just HATE a certain segment of our society .... or you just think YOU KNOW what's best for the world......
    Maybe this could help stop all the HATE that is spread on lot of Internet Forums..................and reduce your stress level.............
    Seems quite a few 'bidness owners here just HATE a certain part of the people in their world. Some are next door neighbors, some are co-workers, some are your clergy, customers and some.... yes... SOME are members of YOUR family.

Besides, if YOU are not "WITH ME", I certainly wouldn't want to call your company out to my home.

So, I'll be the strawman for you...............................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you small business owners out there, why don't you start screening all your calls??. If someone isn't on "YOUR" team, just refuse service to them. If they are not "WITH" you then they are "AGAINST" you, right?
    YOU have the "RIGHT" to work for who YOU choose, right????
    Why don't you just post it in those big'ol Yellow Page ads you're paying for??
    Aren't you just perpetuating a charade when you go out and perform your service or sell to these people who don't believe in the same political or religous ideals as YOU??
    Don't you go out into the field, smile, act nice, get THEIR money then come here, at night, to post what "SCUMBAGS" they are???
    No?? Wheel what is 99% of what's posted in this ARP section if it's not YOU BLASTING THEM? No wonder you're all stressed out with having to be nice to do business with "those" people, you know, the ones that didn't vote for YOUR candidate or the ones the don't go to YOUR church or even, OH NO !!!, don't believe in YOUR Jesus or God.
    Why don't you just refuse to do 'bidness with them???????
    You mean you'll lower yourself to the level to take their money while you secretly HATE them to pieces?? No WONDER the HATE SPEECH flies like an Eagle on certain "Internet Forums".

How do you compensate yourself for having to work for "those" "scumbag" whatchamacallits when they call YOU for service????
    With the level of hate that's spewed forth there MUST be some method you use to relieve the stress from having to perform work for 'those' people.
    How can you take THEIR money and have it stink up your service truck??
    WHose BUMPER STICKER do you have on the bumper of your truck? Do you PROUDLY PROCLAIM your poltical convictions by having that bumber sticker on the front as well as the back bumper and even on the back window???
    Hmmm....

Anyway, why don't you simply screen your calls and advertise your political inclinations along WITH your religious convictions ??
    You could claim to ABSOLUTELY NOT work for ANYONE that isn't of your religion.... even though there's a multitude of variations of the "Christian" religion which the majority of you claim to behold.
    You wouldn't want to do work for those that don't agree with YOUR beliefs, would you?
    It's YOUR company, you're "MR" CEO so why aren't you making easier on yourself (and everyone else) by avoiding (at all cost) those 'undesireable' people that voted for "WhoEverTheHeck" whom YOU didn't agree with and wish would drop dead from a heart attack ??
    Heck, as sure as YOU are that YOU are endowed with the one and the ONLY "correct" way to live your life that you've been blessed with excess money, fame and fortune. SO just say "SCREW'EM", "I'm" not doing any buisiness with those "Insert Derogatory Name" here. (Usually "Scumbag ... something something or something something Scumbag)
    Hey, YOU are "Mr" Bigg aren't you? You can come on an Internet Forum and blast people to your hearts content, why don't you follow thru with it?
    Just tell that customer who said he voted for "Candidate A" or "Candidate B" that he's a "something something Scumbag" and to call another company??

Heck YOU could contribute to the SEPERATION by taking notes about who is what in the trade and even REFER those folks to the folks like them.
    After all YOU know THOSE folks are the REAL A** %#% SCUMBAGS so let thtme do work for the REAL A** %#% SCUMBAGS.

What??? That's rediculous??? Nope, not at all. Anyone who thinks "Mr" CEO is right owes it to himself to not do ANYTHING for those "OTHER" folks that "VOTED" for whomever YOU don't like.
    If THEY are so 'bad', wouldn't THEIR money stink up your wallet?Aren't you going against YOUR OWN "grain" by going out everyday and making them "comfortable" via your products and services.

Come on, stand up for what you believe in and do it in your everyday life. Not out on some Internet forum. Where's your commitment, where's your conviction to damn those, in any way you can, who dare to disagree with YOUR righteous political ideas? If you really believe in all the HATE you spew then prove it and take it in the pocketbook like the REAL man you THINK you are.
    Until then, YOU are just another working stiff trying to make a living who NEEDS people of ALL types, all varieties, ALL political persuasions to make your business (OR JOB) successful.
    Fact is... when YOU quit beliving that is when YOUR business (OR JOB) starts the death spiral.
    So aren't you a little TWO-FACED to work/sell to 'those' people during the day and then come on this forum at night spewing HATE for them?
    Maybe a LOT TWO-FACED is more like it.
    Doesn't that mean you can be easily bought? After all, what are we talking about? A service call here, a sale there. You can do without THAT to uphold YOUR values, can't you? Hmmmm, yeah..

Plain and simple: If you don't like'em... don't do work for them, don't sell to them. Don't go out and do a half-azz job becasue you drove up in the driveway and spotted a "ZZZZ" bumper sticker or whatever bumber sticker that tics you off.
    What? You mean you'd NEVER do that? But you HATE them to the point you'd like to line'em up and mow them down with a machine gun....
    Well, aren't you a little bunch of Eichmanns, if the shoe fits, wear it.
    That's just makes YOU a low life, dishonest person. Come on, stand up like the big BAD man you think you are and just refuse to provide service to ANYONE based on their political ideas, or the color of their skin, or their sexual preference or religious ideology or a plethora of other things that make them "DIFFERENT" from you!!! That's what "MR" CEO would do.
    Everyone with the attitude of "Mr" CEO MUST be doing more business than they want or need already so why service those folks that aren't "WITH"
    you??

You're willing to put your pocketbook where your're mouth is, I'm SURE.

Signed: All the dirty names you can call me.
    Sticks and Stones........................

Jim - The "CEO" thread was a fictitious e-mail joke that's been going around.

Relax man. Plenty of similar stuff has been posted here about the other side of politics. All points of view are welcome here, but your anger concerns me. Just chill out and join into the discussion. We've got a good bunch of folks here, we don't always agree with each other but we try and maintain a little respect for our fellow posters.

K

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Jim - The "CEO" thread was a fictitious e-mail joke that's been going around.

Relax man. Plenty of similar stuff has been posted here about the other side of politics. All points of view are welcome here, but your anger concerns me. Just chill out and join into the discussion. We've got a good bunch of folks here, we don't always agree with each other but we try and maintain a little respect for our fellow posters.

K
    I indicated as much in my reply in that thread. But that general attitude is so prelavent now.
    Somewhere along the way all respect has been LOST for the the workers in this country.

If their JOBS aren't 'outsourced' then gosh danged it, the companies are bringing 'them' here and "insourcing" the jobs.

Maybe it was funny to some, I didn't think it funny so I wrote what I thought about it

I've been on both sides of the fence. Heck, I camped by the Republican fireside for most of my life.
    Owned my own business for 22 of my 60 years.... Learned a thing or three along the way about folks, mostly from my stupid mistakes.

Converts are the WORST you know. A little like Ex-SMokers.... We can't STAND the SMELL of those cigarettes now, LOL.
    Besides, who will all the Conservatives have to feel so SUPERIOR over if there's not an opposing viewpoint or two that pops up every once in awhile?

But since I got your attention........
    I'm going to disagree with you on THIS statement:
    we try and maintain a little respect for our fellow posters.
    I'll probably be banned for it BUT... here goes anyway.THis is a VERY PREDOMINATELY b-i-a-s-e-d site. It's about 99 to 1 with the 99 holding the STAUNCH Republican viewpoint.

When that portion of the members post here it just appears to be the norm.
    No matter what is posted, nobody gives it a second thought because if it's derrogatory to the 'other side' it's just perfectly normal.
    When they post things that REALLY shouldn't be seen here, launch wholesale attacks on ANYONE not of their political beliefs, why it's all just in good fun.

When someone comes along and takes the OPPOSITE side, well as they say, "Boy Howdy", who does THIS idiot think he is. His opinions are of NO value, he's a so and so "SCUMBAG" (term I picked up from this site)
    He shouldn't even BE on this site in the first place if he voted for "Candidates Name Here".
    It seems there are a LOT of folks here who can dish out the crap but can't take any.
    I can take MANY post here and change just ONE word, Re-Post and everybody will be "up in arms" about it.
    It's the SAME thing THEY said but NOW, it's OFFENSIVE, with all capital letters.
    Funny how that works. But IMO, there's NO RESPECT for ANYONE here if they don't TOE THE REPUBLICAN LINE.
    So sometimes, it's a lot of fun to dive bomb a hornets nest.
    That's what the ARP section reminds me of. A big conflaguration of Republican hornets buzzing about, lambasting those "Scumbag so'n'so's.
    Standing at the ready to sting anyone eho happens by that doesn't think that "other" party stinks to high heavens. Like a bunch of robots, programmed to do just one thing, say just one thing, attack just one thing.
    Great adrenaline rush because of the FLAGRANT 'double standard' that exist here.

There USED to be two or three other guys that weren't of the "Party"persuasion. Can't remember their names.....They seem to be gone now. Man!!! did they catch hell while they were here.

Anyway..........
    I can be forced to not post here..... but I CANNOT be forced to have a different religious conviction or political ideology.
    What I believe is uniquely mine. It can't be beat out of me, tortured out of me or banned out of me.
    BTW, one of those beliefs is that NEITHER political party has an exclusive grip on all the CORRECT and GOOD things for this country.
    There's graft and corruption galore in BOTH parties.
    I don't believe either one is all bad or all good. But that's contrary to the 'flavor' of this forum.

There has always been hate. You're just able to see it easier and from many places because of the internet.

I see more anger and venom in your posts. More bitterness, if you will, than I see in most other posts.

REGARDLESS OF POLITICS.

Yes, I am a conservative. I am starting to renounce my Republican status, but conservative I will ALWAYS be.

Do I hate someone because they voted for Obama? NO. In my opinion, hating anyone is a waste of psychic energy. I just don't engage in that emotion. I did, it hurt me physically, I don't anymore.

I think that the word "Hate" is thrown around way too much. Hate speech, hate crimes... Hate is a very powerful word and a powerful emotion. Overuse of it tends to dilute its meaning.

You really should stop the hate thing when it comes to focusing your attention to a figure head that is elected every 4 years.

There are no Republicans or Democrats.

Its all about power and money, banking and corporations that causes the so called political shift.

Its the many years of the dumbing down of our society that has put us where we are today.

You feed an idea into someones head,repeat it over and over and even if its true or not it will be accepted.

That's what the ARP section reminds me of. A big conflaguration of Republican hornets buzzing about, lambasting those "Scumbag so'n'so's.
    Standing at the ready to sting anyone eho happens by that doesn't think that "other" party stinks to high heavens. Like a bunch of robots, programmed to do just one thing, say just one thing, attack just one thing.

Jim, YOU are the one who jumped onto the scene with anger. YOU are the one who has been lambasting...doing the very things you claim to observe as the norm. And it appears that when someone posts something YOU disagree with, YOU scream that the disagreeing poster is rude, intolerant, ignorant, and caustic. I submit to you that YOU are looking in a mirror and do not realize it.

It so happens that members of this forum and others on this site are small business men. It so happens that small business is the very fuel of our previously healthy economy. And it is small business that was told by our illustrious "leader" that small business should take a lesson from the CEO's who took bailout money. So, yeah, most guys here are at least a little pissed at what is happening to our economy.

Anyway..........
    I can be forced to not post here....

Correct. But you can't be forced TO post here. Heck, you can't even be forced to LURK here.

But you do. Voluntarily. Willingly. Angrily.

Enjoy your visit. But keep a nitroglycerine pill real handy.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

BTW, Jim. You will never be disallowed to post here...

unless you violate a rule.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by VetNutJim View Post
    I indicated as much in my reply in that thread. But that general attitude is so prelavent now.
    Somewhere along the way all respect has been LOST for the the workers in this country.

If their JOBS aren't 'outsourced' then gosh danged it, the companies are bringing 'them' here and "insourcing" the jobs.

Maybe it was funny to some, I didn't think it funny so I wrote what I thought about it

I've been on both sides of the fence. Heck, I camped by the Republican fireside for most of my life.
    Owned my own business for 22 of my 60 years.... Learned a thing or three along the way about folks, mostly from my stupid mistakes.

Converts are the WORST you know. A little like Ex-SMokers.... We can't STAND the SMELL of those cigarettes now, LOL.
    Besides, who will all the Conservatives have to feel so SUPERIOR over if there's not an opposing viewpoint or two that pops up every once in awhile?

But since I got your attention........
    I'm going to disagree with you on THIS statement:

I'll probably be banned for it BUT... here goes anyway.THis is a VERY PREDOMINATELY b-i-a-s-e-d site. It's about 99 to 1 with the 99 holding the STAUNCH Republican viewpoint.

When that portion of the members post here it just appears to be the norm.
    No matter what is posted, nobody gives it a second thought because if it's derrogatory to the 'other side' it's just perfectly normal.
    When they post things that REALLY shouldn't be seen here, launch wholesale attacks on ANYONE not of their political beliefs, why it's all just in good fun.

When someone comes along and takes the OPPOSITE side, well as they say, "Boy Howdy", who does THIS idiot think he is. His opinions are of NO value, he's a so and so "SCUMBAG" (term I picked up from this site)
    He shouldn't even BE on this site in the first place if he voted for "Candidates Name Here".
    It seems there are a LOT of folks here who can dish out the crap but can't take any.
    I can take MANY post here and change just ONE word, Re-Post and everybody will be "up in arms" about it.
    It's the SAME thing THEY said but NOW, it's OFFENSIVE, with all capital letters.
    Funny how that works. But IMO, there's NO RESPECT for ANYONE here if they don't TOE THE REPUBLICAN LINE.
    Great adrenaline rush because of the FLAGRANT 'double standard' that exist here.

There USED to be two or three other guys that weren't of the "Party"persuasion. Can't remember their names.....They seem to be gone now. Man!!! did they catch hell while they were here.

Anyway..........
    I can be forced to not post here..... but I CANNOT be forced to have a different religious conviction or political ideology.
    What I believe is uniquely mine. It can't be beat out of me, tortured out of me or banned out of me.
    BTW, one of those beliefs is that NEITHER political party has an exclusive grip on all the CORRECT and GOOD things for this country.
    There's graft and corruption galore in BOTH parties.
    I don't believe either one is all bad or all good. But that's contrary to the 'flavor' of this forum.
    Jim - The demographic of the people who are associated with this site tends to put them into the conservative camp. That's just the way it is, we don't try and maintain any kind of ideological slant here.

We honestly don't care what your political or religious views are. All reasonable points of view are welcome here, and opposing opinions are good because they spur discussion. That is the truth, regardless of whether you want to believe it or not.

We do have rules here, they are at the top of the page or you can see them by clicking on the link in my sig line. Our (ARP Committee's) only concern about you is the anger and the contempt for the other posters that you are showing. You, and everyone else here, are expected follow the rules and to treat others on this board with a reasonable amount of respect and dignity. Most of the members here are industry professionals, and the owners of this site want that professionalism to extend into the things we post.

The very fact that we are trying to reason with you is an example of that respect and courtesy we try and extend. If we wanted you gone, you would simply be gone; it only takes a click to make that happen. If you want to stay and be a part of the community, settle down a bit and stop with the name calling and the slamming of other posters. If you can do that, you're quite welcome to hang around.

As for other members who are no longer here, some have been banned because they couldn't follow the rules. I will tell you this; the best way to get up the ARPC's ire is to gripe and whine like you were doing in the above post. Many of the banned posters started out doing the same. Just keep the discussion civil and follow the rules, and you're more than welcome to represent your views here.

Now...this is the last I will discuss this on the public forum. There is an e-mail address in my profile if you'd like to chat about it more.

ARPC

I don't hate stupid people and will gladly take their money

Yes Brother Jim has a little anger in his voice, but , I agree with him....

This is the reason I don't suggest this site to people anymore.......

The Minority tries to speak for the Majority.......

This place resembles the Joe McCarthy era........

You can call someone a Red, Communist. trader to the country, as long as you put a smiley face in....

Penton Media has stubbed their toe.........

There is a zillion sights to banter your thoughts.........

Why do we need it here?

I've vented.....

Yall have a nice evening........

"Value our Differences"

There just coming out of the woodwork with there fantasy make believe charges & BS. What a joke.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

ya well thats the same BS thats the liberals try making you believe that the news media is not bias and that fox is the only one out their spreading lies.

Just as Obama says that all this stuff is being passed bipartison ( ya getting about 3 republican votes )

That they are not bailing out everyone as a way of buying votes.

Or claiming that they have a mandate from people to do what ever they want ( even if it means running the country into the ground )

Its getting pretty obvious that a lot that use to be in here that a lot that use to be rooting on the great new messiah
    Have pretty much disapeared once they have realized CHANGE turned out to be BS ........ only a lot worse than anything they could have imagined.

You claimed your being pick on .......... WHO CARES

Its not a case in here where you can control what is said like Obama is doing with the media or the congress being they have control.

I pretty much call it like I see it and if you think the way the country is headed with the liberals and even a lot of republicans selling out the country, is a good idea ........
    I'm gonna tell you what I think of your point of view

You can blame it on the big bad business owners not having any common sense ......... that your getting flamed a lot.

Its not that we don't like you ............ WE JUST THINK YOU DON"T HAVE A CLUE. THATS PRETTY OBVIOUS

OH buy the way ....... I like using the word scumbag

Oh and if you don't like my comments .......... BLAME IT ON GEORGE BUSH , you guys blame everything else on him

YOU SAY LETS BE HONEST ......... what are you saying that you pick and choose when your gonna be

Now you are really sounding like a liberal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast