Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I agree with the posts regarding evacution of the refrigerant, add nitrogen with a hint of refrigerant,pressureize the system,find the leak with soap bubbles or electronic leak detector, braze the leak, evacuate, and recharge, I'm not a fan of 'NO LEAK" chemicals.

I live near downtown area in Houston. I am wondering how do I get in touch with you or Mr. Bill? Please let me know at your earliest convenience since my AC guy is really not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    How on earth, can you be without A/C ,in Houston Texas for the last three weeks?!!! That's totally unacceptable in this record breaking heat.

Might be an excellent opportunity to get another contractor.

What kind of excuses are you getting? Well, that's not good enough.
    THIS IS A MUST

this is about a two to three hour repair........ time to find somebody reliable
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasIsHot View Post
    I live near downtown area in Houston. I am wondering how do I get in touch with you or Mr. Bill? Please let me know at your earliest convenience since my AC guy is really not reliable.
    Bill and I are both on the Northwest side of town. I think either of our emails ,are in our profiles.

This calls are a pain in the behind. You have to pump down the system put an 160 psi of nitrogen and do a buble test. Close the valves and come back the next day to see what side is leaking the a coil or condenser side.

regards,
    K

i vote #2. find/locate the leak and fix it!

Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler
    How on earth, can you be without A/C ,in Houston Texas for the last three weeks?!!! That's totally unacceptable in this record breaking heat.
    Some of us in TX run wall bangers to get thru the nite and then during the day hang out at Wally World, riding around on one of those electric carts. At least until I find another job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123