Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 32 of 32
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    257

    Thumbs up

    i don't even think unless i'm getting paid
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

  2. #28
    yah, sound rite. to me anyways. Maybee were i work is alittle different. How long dose it really take you to grab a bottle and acouple fittings? If thats what the company wants thats what they get, a messy truck, no stock on the truck witch mean longer calls. Do time on the job/customers bill. So get to work 15 mins early and "dont get paid" thats what i do, in tern you should be recognized in doing this, witch means you put you time in, you get a new truck, you get a raise here and there. The last thing a boss wants to here is.. umm why dont i get paid for getting here early to do my job the rite way? If they paid this time..everyone would come to work and talk and drink coffee and shoot the **** and get paid and get nothing done for the company. This post you need to think is this a job you have worth wile? Sorry for the rant but this type of post i here the same thing from co workers that do there job for a job and or dont care. Maybee you work for a ****ty company? I put in the little extra and i make 10$ more an hour than the others that ***** about 10 bucks or an hour here and there and i have a new box truck.
    So is it a ****ty company? if it was you wouldnt make this post because yould already know you work for a ****ty company.
    If your toped out on the pay scale than others?
    Do you drive a crap truck and get paid less than others and do more?
    Some places you have to be an ass kisser. Do you perform?
    Sounds like you love what you do..if not you wouldnt be on here, again you should keep your truck stocked and cleaned on your own time, because you dont have to and it should be recognized by the boss, that you do.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja500 View Post
    If you do residential and your shop charges lets say 90 bucks for the service call and diagnostic, then you are suposed to be paid for driving to that first job , most companies are just plain crooks they do not want to pay you in the morning for driving to that first job but yes they are charging the customer the 90 bucks regardless, just for you to show up and diagnose what's wrong with the unit.
    OK. But who is paying your hourly rate for the unbillable call backs you are responsible for? Or the time you spend hanging out at the supply house talking with your buddies and drinking coffee? Or for talking with your girlfriend on the company cell phone? Or when you stop off at the hardware store to pick up stuff for your weekend project?

    Im just sayin

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St.louis metro area
    Posts
    315

    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by PLUMBERHVACTECH View Post
    yah, sound rite. to me anyways. Maybee were i work is alittle different. How long dose it really take you to grab a bottle and acouple fittings? If thats what the company wants thats what they get, a messy truck, no stock on the truck witch mean longer calls. Do time on the job/customers bill. So get to work 15 mins early and "dont get paid" thats what i do, in tern you should be recognized in doing this, witch means you put you time in, you get a new truck, you get a raise here and there. The last thing a boss wants to here is.. umm why dont i get paid for getting here early to do my job the rite way? If they paid this time..everyone would come to work and talk and drink coffee and shoot the **** and get paid and get nothing done for the company. This post you need to think is this a job you have worth wile? Sorry for the rant but this type of post i here the same thing from co workers that do there job for a job and or dont care. Maybee you work for a ****ty company? I put in the little extra and i make 10$ more an hour than the others that ***** about 10 bucks or an hour here and there and i have a new box truck.
    So is it a ****ty company? if it was you wouldnt make this post because yould already know you work for a ****ty company.
    If your toped out on the pay scale than others?
    Do you drive a crap truck and get paid less than others and do more?
    Some places you have to be an ass kisser. Do you perform?
    Sounds like you love what you do..if not you wouldnt be on here, again you should keep your truck stocked and cleaned on your own time, because you dont have to and it should be recognized by the boss, that you do.
    I'm not the grammar police. I usually can understand the point someone is trying to make even with a few spelling or grammar errors. Having said that, I will say that I have read this post 3 times and I really don't know what it is that you are trying to say.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fingerlakes region, N.Y.
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post
    I'm not the grammar police. I usually can understand the point someone is trying to make even with a few spelling or grammar errors. Having said that, I will say that I have read this post 3 times and I really don't know what it is that you are trying to say.
    That's plumber talk. If your not a plumber you can't understand it.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by temco View Post
    OK. But who is paying your hourly rate for the unbillable call backs you are responsible for? Or the time you spend hanging out at the supply house talking with your buddies and drinking coffee? Or for talking with your girlfriend on the company cell phone? Or when you stop off at the hardware store to pick up stuff for your weekend project?

    Im just sayin

    Let me put it this way.... if you are going through all that ,,,plain simple you are a crappy tech

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event