Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by douknowq View Post
    what is up with smart ass remarks...... condenser is a 2008 ah is 15 yrs old ...so i am saying condenser is new
    Not one smart ass remark yet. Chill out.

where did the refrigerant go???????? did not go anywhere ...system running when i got there...not running well but running

make sure the refrigerant flow is left to right
    pretend the sight glass is not there
    seems like it still needs freezone ( with 350 head pressure)
    how is this helpfull?

what is up with smart ass remarks...... condenser is a 2008 ah is 15 yrs old ...so i am saying condenser is new

No one is being a smart ass, when you say "new" a lot of us thought it was new now, not last year. It makes a difference in the way the system is approached. You know as ... it worked perfectly for a year and then ... this.

Who charged it the first time?

Did it replace a 15-ton or 12.5?

There are many Q's and a need for many A's to help you out ... and we do ever so much want to help ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

i think it is non condesables even though the sight glass is green. i thought maybe someone would have an opion instead of questiond of sarcasm.

make sure the refrigerant flow is left to right
    pretend the sight glass is not there
    seems like it still needs freezone ( with 350 head pressure)
    how is this helpfull?
    And my comment about, "pretend the sight in not there", is intended to point you away from trying to clear the sight glass. And move you towards a possible different direction.

Her ya go, just fill this out, and one of the moderators will do the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i think it is non condesables even though the sight glass is green. i thought maybe someone would have an opion instead of questiond of sarcasm.

We are trying to help, I have asked a number of questions as have others and you have only answered a few. Joking around a little by us is intended to keep it light and on an equal par with you. You can joke back if you like ... we like joking around a little ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    We are trying to help, I have asked a number of questions as have others and you have only answered a few. Joking around a little by us is intended to keep it light and on an equal par with you. You can joke back if you like ... we like joking around a little ...

Better watch this guy. Rumor has it, he once made Diceman cry.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Her ya go, just fill this out, and one of the moderators will do the rest.
    Now you have gone an done it ...
    It will not be funny when he sends that in buster **...

** Buster is in fact Dangle, ... in case anyone got confused.

by new i mean only installed last year.. i do not think it ever worked in the first place... sorry if i was short i am tired and looking for some answers. it was installed in the fall and i am new to the place. i am stumped why the sight glass will not fill with an oversized compressor 15 ton on a 12.5 ton coil. i think it is air in the system even though the i have a green sight glass indicator

Sounds like maybe nitrogen in system. Recover refrigerant into recovery cylinder let set for at least an hour then pull liquid only until cylinder is almost out of liquid then switch to new freon bottle and try again. Make sure to pull a hard vaccumm on system. Before recharging.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Better watch this guy. Rumor has it, he once made Diceman cry.

He claims he didn't ... right ... I did feel kind of bad about it later ... kind of ...

He drove his daughter all the way up here from Pittsbugh to kick my ass ... I would of won if my glasses didn't break ... He left her here so's I don't pick on him any more ... it's not right ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast