Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Some guy's just don't read the GIANT RED TAG!!! they put on the suction valve I guess. Why would it hurt the compressor with nitrogen in the system??? I know it does not work with it in there but why would it hurt the mompressor?

300 head no subcooling at sight glass, 70 suction hardly any delta at indoor coil

One of two things, it is either not R22 by itself in it or you have a major restriction before the sight glass.

Just check your LL temp at outlet of condenser, if you don't have subcooling there you have non condensible in the system or a plugged condenser,

You're welcome,

Quote Originally Posted by douknowq View Post
    Some guy's just don't read the GIANT RED TAG!!! they put on the suction valve I guess. Why would it hurt the compressor with nitrogen in the system??? I know it does not work with it in there but why would it hurt the mompressor?
    Remember, that compressors rely on cool gas to cool them. With the nitrogen in it there was very little cooling going on since nitrogen does not absorb any heat in its gas state. Hence compressors would eventually over heat. If that happens to often it will eventually cook the windings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234