High Head Pressure on 2 Door undercounter fridge

Came upon a True 2 Door under counter refrigerator Cap tube system..
    Put my gauges and system was in a vacum Head Pressure High.
    Changed Drier still problem. Left unit with High Head Pressure and 15psi on low side. Can the cap tube be clogged?

Any suggestions.

TIA
    Thanks In Advance

Yep, it could be plugged. I would make sure your condenser is totally clean and the correct charge is weighed in first.

Sounds like it to me as well, I've found they usually plug within the first couple of inches. Cutting away the first couple and adding an oversized filter drier has solved the problem for me in the past. Depends on the amount of contamination to the system. Have had them plug back up as well.

JS

yes cap tube most likely plugged and compressor will proabably be dead now also. (good luck)

yes cap tube most likely plugged and compressor will probably be dead now also. (good luck)

sounds like some refrigerant was added and the unit is overcharged as well. it seems like when a cap tube plugs up the system will go into a pump down scenario. seldom see high head pressure with a factory charge and a plugged cap tube.
    you will attract more flies with honey than with vinegar, but you can attract the most with a dead cat

plugged cap tube and overcharged to compensate

or plugged cap tube and a very dirty condenser.

What was the head pressure anyway?

just a heads up, if the captube ends up being plugged and needs replaced. take the compressor out and dump out whatever oil you can get. measure it and put the same amount of fresh oil back in.

the oil is probably black from high discharge temps and the crap produced in the oil probably plugged the captube

just my 2 cents.

jeep

Quote Originally Posted by jeep6275 View Post
    just a heads up, if the captube ends up being plugged and needs replaced. take the compressor out and dump out whatever oil you can get. measure it and put the same amount of fresh oil back in.

the oil is probably black from high discharge temps and the crap produced in the oil probably plugged the captube

just my 2 cents.

jeep
    Ditto.

The junk that plugs up cap tubes is circulating around the system in the oil. If you don't change the oil you'll likely have another plugged cap tube soon.

Since you have the system open, pull the pump, dump the old oil in a graduated container and refill with the same amount of fresh oil.

It only takes about an extra 20-30 minutes to do.