Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    20,560
    Post Likes
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!
    Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And its no longer the sideshow, its the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and were dealing only with the freaks. - Jonathan Winters

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!
    My American Standard Condensing unit at one of my houses will be 17 years old August 1, 2009, they sure do suck.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    73
    Post Likes
    I have an American Standard H.P. that is 13 yrs. old and has had 0 problems. Of course I designed the duct system and install parameters. BUT a poorly installed Trane can cause problems. Find a good Trane dealer IMO.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    4
    Post Likes
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ypsi. Mi.
    Posts
    198
    Post Likes
    I myself would go with the comfortmaker made by ICP. that company is owned by carrier when the deal went down.comfortmaker is now a lot better unit now.and they have great warrenties.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mb20fan View Post
    I myself would go with the comfortmaker made by ICP. that company is owned by carrier when the deal went down.comfortmaker is now a lot better unit now.and they have great warrenties.
    Comfort Maker equipment is considerably less expensive than Trane or American Standard.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    11,347
    Post Likes

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!

    ya they do;

    they suck about 15% more efficiently than regular fins



    .

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    22
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes151 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.
    Sure I'll send you an email.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    20,560
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    ya they do;

    they suck about 15% more efficiently than regular fins



    .
    Maybe, but they still suck!
    Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And its no longer the sideshow, its the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and were dealing only with the freaks. - Jonathan Winters

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    22
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes151 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.
    Hi, I emailed you on Wed , wondering how you made out with C.A. ?

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ypsi. Mi.
    Posts
    198
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer1512 View Post
    Hi, I emailed you on Wed , wondering how you made out with C.A. ?
    Just wondering what you ended up getting.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Post Likes
    Give N&M a call,tell them to tell Jamie,that Dave at Bay Area A/C said to call!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365