Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,598
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!
    My American Standard Condensing unit at one of my houses will be 17 years old August 1, 2009, they sure do suck.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    63
    I have an American Standard H.P. that is 13 yrs. old and has had 0 problems. Of course I designed the duct system and install parameters. BUT a poorly installed Trane can cause problems. Find a good Trane dealer IMO.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    4
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ypsi. Mi.
    Posts
    198
    I myself would go with the comfortmaker made by ICP. that company is owned by carrier when the deal went down.comfortmaker is now a lot better unit now.and they have great warrenties.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by mb20fan View Post
    I myself would go with the comfortmaker made by ICP. that company is owned by carrier when the deal went down.comfortmaker is now a lot better unit now.and they have great warrenties.
    Comfort Maker equipment is considerably less expensive than Trane or American Standard.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    11,347

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Dont get anything with a spine fin coil....they suck!

    ya they do;

    they suck about 15% more efficiently than regular fins



    .

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes151 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.
    Sure I'll send you an email.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    ya they do;

    they suck about 15% more efficiently than regular fins



    .
    Maybe, but they still suck!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes151 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!! Golfer I would like to talk if that is ok. I am awaiting a quote from Custom Air, and I believe they are looking at a York unit. Any thoughts? I should hear from them tomorrow.
    Hi, I emailed you on Wed , wondering how you made out with C.A. ?

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ypsi. Mi.
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer1512 View Post
    Hi, I emailed you on Wed , wondering how you made out with C.A. ?
    Just wondering what you ended up getting.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Give N&M a call,tell them to tell Jamie,that Dave at Bay Area A/C said to call!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event