Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need HELP from the Pros!!!!

First off thank you for any advice you can give!! I live in Sarasota FL. and need the hole package. My current unit is 31 years old and still going, not strong, but like the little engine that could. My house is 1442sqft, with 14 windows and 3 sliding glass door's.

These are from the top company's 1&2

1) Comfertmaker 18 Seer, 3ton C4A836, FVM4X60

2) Amana ASZ16, 3 ton, variable speed heat pump system with 16 S.E.E.R. rating

Trane XL16i, 3 ton, electric furnace & straight cool system with 17.15 S.E.E.R.

Amana ASX18, 3 ton, variable speed electric furnace & 2-stage straight cool system with 19 S.E.E.R.

Trane XL20i , 3 ton, variable speed electric furnace & 2-stage/ 2- compressors straight cool system with 18.6 S.E.E.R.

Is Comfertmaker better then Amana or Train? The costs are within $ and all include new returns and moving the unit from the attic to the garage. Is there one better then the other, or dose one give more problems then the rest?
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-07-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Removed price

All good units.
    Does the heat pump qualify for the tax credit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I believe so, or at least they say so.

If it does, then a heat pump would be a good choice.
    Saves you alittle money on heating. Not much, considering you don't need much heat.
    Contractor locator map

Thank you. As far as the quality of product between Cumfertmaker, Train, and Amana, which would be the most efficient? Be the better bang for the buck?

Hi, Comfortmaker is made by ICP (International Comfort Products) and in my opinion, can be slightly louder than most due to it's somewhat weak skelington (flimsy). The rest are pretty much even, but don't overlook the American Standard equipment.

I'd go with teh contractor you trust teh most. Brand doesn't mean much down the road. if they won't come out and service it.
    Contractor locator map

Like Beenthere says, it really depends on your lifestyle wether it be cooling or heating. If little heating is req'd, go for a heat pump. If the $ difference is small between all the named brands, i would concentrate your efforts in finding the right contractor. Properly installed equipment, means a longer life.

Comfort Maker should be cheaper than a Trane unit when comparing apples to apples.

I would take a Trane unit over any other brand mentioned, especially since it is a comparabe unit and price.

In Sarasota you have very few heating days so i wouldn't be concerned about a heat pump.

It is hard to stop a TRANE.

I agree with Dallasred! I install American Standard! And they are exactly the same as a trane it just has a diffrent name on it! And they really are great products! I have had no troublw with them and they have amazing tec support when you need them! But what it really comes down to is who is gonna service it and how they set it up!

Hi Silver, I'll save you a lot of time and effort. I live in Venice and just had a Trane heat pump with a 5 kw heat strip installed by Custom Air after much research. I had quotes from four Venice / Sarasota dealers. Ask Custom for a quote, if they are not who you got the Trane quote from. I have the XR 14, and it qualifies for the tax credit with matched air handler you will get 15 seer and less costly than the 20xli. I'm very happy with my system and they are very helpful and they are customer oriented . G.

Put your email in your profile if you haven't already.
    And ask him to contact you.

Its allowed to tell posters that your in their area. And ask them to contact you.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast