Problem with new installation

I had an Intertherm 10 seer unit 2 ton unit and just had a Ducane 13 seer 2.5 ton condensor and evaporator coil installed. The problem is only a 12-15 degree difference between the out and inside air. Also the coils sweat properly but don't run at a diagonal down like they are supposed to but drip directly down outside of the drain pan so I have had to shut it off. I had also complained right after the install that the air flow is only about 1/2 of what it used to be. The tech says it is charged and installed properly and I must have a duct work problem causing it to pull in too much outside moisture or maybe the fan motor is acting up and needs replacing. He won't go ahead and replace the fan motor until I have the duct work checked.
    One thing I did notice besides the air flow is 1/2 of what it was is that the new coil says it is and upflow/counterflow and my unit/cabinet was and is set up for downflow. Is this a problem?

Thanks!

Txgal

Counter flow is downflow.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ok. I thought so but wanted to ask anyway.

Thank you for the reply.

Its also possible, that the new coil is too tall. And is too close to teh heat exchanger of the furnace. And is blocking air flow.
    Contractor locator map

Might this be a mobile home? No matter. If this is a new change out, the contractor is, by Texas law , supposed to give a one year completed products warranty.

My take on that is, it's got to work right. According to your story, it ain't.
    Call again, and "persuade" him to do the right thing.

BT, think the fan could be slowed down a bit?

Tough call.
    Sounds like condensate is being blown off. But yet, still has little air flow to the registers.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-07-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Contractor locator map

This is after the fact but a contractor that could have evaluated you entire system including duct work would have been a little better choice. That aside, tell the installer that it is not operating properly and that is unexceptable. Ask him to go over the system and fix it or get someone who can. Blaming it on a duct system that functioned properly before the install for poor performance now is just his way of looking for an out. That dog won't hunt.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Touigh call.
    Sounds like condensate is being blown off. But yet, still has little air flow to the registers.
    Yea. I bought a new pair of reading glasses, and still can't see things from here.