RANDELL PIZZA PREP STATION

NEW TO HVAC TALK, HAVE BEEN WORKING A/C BIZ FOR 7 YEARS MOSTLY COMMERCIAL RTU'S,WALK-INS AND ICE MACHINES. JUST STARTED WORKING FOR NEW CO. AND THEY SERVICE PIZZA PREP STATIONS,NOT MUCH TIME ON THESE. MY QUESTION IS I JUST CHANGED EVAP COIL BUT NOT TXV, TRYING TO DO SUPER HEAT BUT NEED TO KNOW WHEN GETTING THE ACTUAL DO I TAKE THE TEMP READING IN FRONT OF THE FAN HOUSING IN THE BOX. PROBLEM IS COIL IS FREEZING UP. I OPENED THE TX SOME STOPPED FREEZING UP BUT NEED TEMP TO 36-38 DEG. GOT 42 IN THE BOX AND 36-38 IN THE PAN BOX ON TOP. THE BOX IS ABOUT 24 YRS. OLD. RANDELL 4 DOOR R-12 RUNNING 409A. ANY HELP!

THANKS

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158850

Read at least the first post there.

Help us to help you.

The information that you have given along with the lack of info in your profile makes me, and others I'm sure, hesitant to offer too much info.

you should take the super heat temp where the sensing bulb for txv is located on the suction line.you want a super heat of 5 to 7 degrees correct me if im wrong anyone.

not to be a jerk but if you have been working on a/c and walk ins (for 7 years) and you have yet taken a super heat reading is a little scary.

Quote Originally Posted by dmy-hvac View Post
    not to be a jerk but if you have been working on a/c and walk ins (for 7 years) and you have yet taken a super heat reading is a little scary.
    Exactly.

I guess that superheat doesn't matter in AC and Ice machines...

That is why I posted the link that I did and didn't give any information.

I've said it before. Anyone can claim anything on the inter-web and it is difficult to prove or disprove it.

When a first timer shows up, at least I and a few others try to make them prove their bona-fides by prompting for a little more information.

Evap coil, 2 fans or 4 fans? Sounds like a fan motor is running too slow. I was the maintenance tech for all of the Pizza Huts in Iowa & I was always replacing evap fan motors in the prep tables. Check the plastic fan itself to make sure it's not just spinning on the shaft.

Have a look at your door gaskets.