A Coil Too High for Supply Ducts?

Great forum! Very informative. This is my first post.

I am shopping around for a new central air conditioner for my home.

One of the manufacturers I am considering seems to make very tall A coils. To install their A coil in my furnace plenum, the top of the coil would end up even with, or maybe slightly higher, than my supply takeoffs.

Is this an issue/concern?

Much thanks for your help.

If you call good company they know what coil to instal in your home .sorry this site will not help you to buy unit online and size correctly DIY not here

Coil heights can vary greatly between manufacturer's. Talk with some local HVAC professionals, they can sell you in the right direction.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

LOL!

Heck no, I’m not looking to do anything myself! Sorry if my badly written post made it sound like that!

What I meant was I have been calling local HVAC companies to replace my current central air. Of course, different dealers sell different brands. I have gotten a few ballpark figures over the phone, and most have said they need to visit my home for proper sizing. A few have noted they would also need to make sure that the evaporator coil that matches their condenser fits in my furnace plenum.

As I check out the different brands of eqipment online, I have noticed that the size of evaporator coils varies in height, width or depth. One of the dealers I am considering sells a line that seems to have taller evaporator coils than others. So I was wondering if it was okay for the coil to be as tall or a little taller than where the supply takeoffs are located on the plenum.

Not trying to break any forum rules at all. Just trying to make an informed choice.

In fact, I am replacing a seven-year-old system that has quit probably because of a bad installation, undersizing/mismatched coil (it ran constantly and never really cooled the house). In short, I got burned once because I didn’t pay close enough attention. Don’t want it to happen again. Too expensive!!!

Thanks for any advice.

dac

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    There are ways to make the taller coil work,in most cases.

I'll try to post a diagram from the office tomorrow.

If you can post pics of the existing plenum and supply takeoffs that would help.