Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "and me stuck waiting days or weeks (in Florida, in the summer) for replacement parts to come in."

The local Trane warehouse should have all parts -locally. It should never take weeks to get warranty parts. The HVAC contractor you are using is putting you on the back burner. Look up other Trane dealers from the Trane website and tell them your problem, other contractors wouldn't mind taking away an account from somebody. Next time when you purchase a new system, ask about investing in a 5-10 year parts and labor warranty. Since Trane would be the one paying for the warranty parts and labor, after a few times they would just send out a completely new unit, and get on the case of the dealer if the unit was undersized from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by klabkebash View Post
    "and me stuck waiting days or weeks (in Florida, in the summer) for replacement parts to come in."

The local Trane warehouse should have all parts -locally. It should never take weeks to get warranty parts. The HVAC contractor you are using is putting you on the back burner. Look up other Trane dealers from the Trane website and tell them your problem, other contractors wouldn't mind taking away an account from somebody. Next time when you purchase a new system, ask about investing in a 5-10 year parts and labor warranty. Since Trane would be the one paying for the warranty parts and labor, after a few times they would just send out a completely new unit, and get on the case of the dealer if the unit was undersized from the start.

Twilli will take that bet
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

The regional Trane rep finally answered his phone, and I explained the situation. He said he has to come out with the dealer, so I have to wait for them to make an appointment.

The last tech that changed the TXV valve also adjusted the blower. From reading posts here, adjustments like that need to be calculated with the ducts and CFMs coming out of them. Is it a good idea to find a place that does duct tests where they actually put a meter (velometer???) to each one and take readings, rather than just taking a guess or doing some math by counting the ducts and sizes, calculating some number, and setting the blower speed that way?

Is there something I can put inside the ducts or return boxes to slow down the inevitable growth of mold if the water trouble doesn't get the attention it deserves soon?

Might want to make a call to your lawyer.
    And have him send a leter to your contractor, about your contractor paying for the mold remediation if they don't come out quickly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenestrada View Post

Is there something I can put inside the ducts or return boxes to slow down the inevitable growth of mold if the water trouble doesn't get the attention it deserves soon?
    You could keep the air handler fan running to keep air moving through the ductwork. Get some window units to keep the house cool and dry as well as a portable dehumidifier to keep RH under 60% if possible.

I had the ducts tested and problems fixed. Air was leaking in the return plenum in the garage from not being sealed on the inside, and the new ducts the techs put in with the AC, weren't sealed at the boots. Too bad this didn't improve the cooling one bit.

The Trane guy finally made an appointment for next week. I guess he has more pressing things to do the past month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12