Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reminds me of something someone else told me.

He said he left tomato slices on a steak overnight [24hrs?]. This was a leftover steak I guess a single guy buying a two-pack of steak. Anyway, he said it was the best steak he had ever eaten.

Lemon or tomato has acid that tenderizes, I have used both making beef jerky. Of course, they will affect the flavor too to degree depending upon the method.

STEAK to me means decent cuts which should not need any marinade.

Recipe
    6-7# Prime Rib from COSTCO, chill in Freezer for 2 hours, this to make it easier to slice, slice thinly, 5/8" (3/4" max), more importantly all should be the same, you should have 8 to 10 steaks. (You casn buy a 12" "Ham Slicer" knife for $10-$12 at restaurant supply store).

Slide Steaks into individual 1 gal freezer bags, (don't bother labelling them they won't be there long) and put unneeded ones back in freezer. (Steaks this size will thaw out in 10 -15 minutes if you lay them in bottom of sink with 1" of water)

Take Steak,dry with papertowel, do not beat on it, you've paid for tender so leave it be. Wipe both sides with a crushed garlic clove, then annoint with Olive oill, just enough to cover the steak and allow Salt and Pepper to stick better, add Salt and fresh Black Pepper, Get Skillet(s) as hot as you can get it, add a little Olive oil it should start smoking, now quickly get the Steak (one per skillet best, 2 in a big, thick one is OK) into skillet, leave on high but move steak around pan, heat is now transferring from pan to the meat (temp differential of 350 degrees plus) which will rapidly cool the pan so oil will not burn (for a while). As meat cooks Delta T drops and oil starts to smoke a little, turn Steak over fast and repeat moving it around, this second side will cook fast, so start easing down the Temp, you are just trying to keep it from burning. After about 1 minute you should see tiny amounts of blood rising to surface, cook one minute more and these will dissapear. Remove and let Steak rest for 5 minutes before eating. Tip Leave pan on medium heat while meat is resting, IF it is undercooked throw it back in pan for 30 seconds each side, full heat.
    Electric, never used it but would guess you could slide pot off burnner and back on to regulate heat, (turning it down might to too slow)
    BBQ, get it HOT!! Lay steaks on grid if they do not sizzle it is not hot enough, take them off and get BBQ hotter, coals will start to smoke immediately and Fire will start as fat hits coals, close the lid, there will be enough smoke generated to put out the flame, leave it for 2 minutes, lift lid and flip steaks, close lid again, 2 minutes. Take steaks out stack them one on top of each other, drape with foil drape foil with a dry cloth, leave for 5 minutes, they should be perfect, medium rare, juices redistribute during "rest" period and the center continues to cook. IF you need them cooked more put them back on 30 secs each side.
    This is based on my equipment (Gas Stove, Cast Iron Skillet, Webber Grill) so ovviously your will be a little different, use it as a guide and adjust on the second batch!

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Any vinaigrette based salad dressing...
    Yes I like that type of marinade too. A friend I met through a friend from Ashland Ohio whilst camping at Charles Mill campsite. Marinaded 6 sirloin steaks in Paul Newmans Italian salad dressing overnight. We put them on the grate on the fire pit with no seasoning and cooked for 2 mins either side. They were the most tastiest juiciest steaks I've ever eaten.
    Martyn

50 & 60 hz but 100's worse

Tried marinades. Tried rubs. Keep going back to:

1. Coat with soy sauce
    2. Sprinkle with garlic or garlic salt
    3. Pinch of salt if you just used garlic
    Let steak sit out for 30 minutes or so and get to nearly room temperature.

Start with hot grill and turn down the heat (sear that steak then cook until 135 F)
    Take off the grill, cover and let rest for 5 - 10 minutes and then eat those bad boys!

Try it and you'll probably like it.

I use Early's seasoning. They have really good smoked ham and bacon. www.earlysgifts.com

coat in olive oil and sea salt...if its a quality steak and not walmart u should not need anything more

1/2 cup worcester sauce put in a bottle with 2 drops of DAVE'S insanity hot sauce ......... then shake vigerously.

I put it on everything from vegetables to burgers

I'm easy...........16 oz. Porterhouse, medium well, pepper and Heinz 57.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanDS650x View Post
    Pinch of salt
    Lots of cracked pepper
    FIRE

Im easy.... i like the flavor of beef more than any marinade
    I'd have to agree just a little broiled steak seasoning and fire!!! Tasty!!

For cheaper cuts of meat, see below. The good stuff gets salt/pepper and heat.

1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup olive oil <- can replace with beer, mighty tasty.
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
    3 tablespoons dried basil
    1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
    1 teaspoon ground pepper
    1 teaspoon minced garlic <- optional for that extra kick..

Blend all together and refrigerate meat overnight.

Damn tasty, been using it for a few years, got it off some website.

soak in a pan of water, 1/2 cup Jack Daniels, brush with honey and maple syrup, a few drops of olive oil. a pinch of garlic salt throw in a cut and peeled apple, a pinch of salt. Let sit overnight, Grill till you're satisfied, you can also grill the apple slices...slightly...they can be tastey.
    Save me Jebus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12