Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The best condenser would be the one that matches the indoor unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Or, the one that doesn't get stolen.
    I'm interested in how the first one or two came up MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Maybe I can look something up on ARI for the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    If he gives you the full mod number of his indoor coil.

You be the man that can find a match if one exist.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Model#TXH054A4HPA2

I know you guys are telling me to match the unit, I just can't afford a Trane unit now for sure. So please try and give me some different avenus, Goodman, Payne, York, Rudd, Rheem etc, etc. I am in a huge bind with very little time on my hands. Texas heat is killer, and with 2 little kids we have to move fast.

Is this coil in an air handler, or do you have a condenser+coil and gas furnace?

Confirm with a local pro, but I believe the 2TXFH054AS3 replaced that coil (and also has a TXV installed). So, if you don't have one already, you'll need to get a TXV on that coil (TXH054A4HPA2). This is a horizontal slab coil, correct?

The 2TTR3048A1000A is a match. So is the 2TTB3048A1000A. These units are rated with the 2TXF054AS3. So, I would think the coil you have now with an R-22 TXV would be no problem. Hopefully someone can check my logic here. I searched on Google, and this info is consistent with what another pro (Mark Beiser) posted here http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104532.

Is this coil in an air handler, or do you have a condenser+coil and gas furnace?
    Outside condenser, attic coil and gas furnace. I have no idea what a horizontal slab coil is. I belive from my reserch that it is a horizontal slab coil or atleast thats what I am pulling up with that model #. What is a horizontal slab coil, can I visualy see a TXV on the unit?

EDIT: I believe the answer to your question about the coil is yes, it looks to be in an air handler.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP76 View Post
    Model#TXH054A4HPA2

I know you guys are telling me to match the unit, I just can't afford a Trane unit now for sure. So please try and give me some different avenus, Goodman, Payne, York, Rudd, Rheem etc, etc. I am in a huge bind with very little time on my hands. Texas heat is killer, and with 2 little kids we have to move fast.
    What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Houston, and I don't think I could breath without A/C right now. 102* yesterday, heat index 110*. I'd be at Home Depot buying a coupla window units, for health reasons if nothing else. It's been dangerously hot this past month. But I guess you know that, better than I. Good Luck with this, really.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP76 View Post
    Outside condenser, attic coil and gas furnace. I have no idea what a horizontal slab coil is. I belive from my reserch that it is a horizontal slab coil or atleast thats what I am pulling up with that model #. What is a horizontal slab coil, can I visualy see a TXV on the unit?

EDIT: I believe the answer to your question about the coil is yes, it looks to be in an air handler.
    If it's a gas fired furnace, then it's a cased coil sitting over (or aside) the furnace. Sorry, horizontal slab is just the shape/orientation. Basically, more taller than it is wide, and not in an "A" orientation. I believe the answer to that is yes. So I'd ask whoever you're doing business with if he can get a TXV to match that coil and install an R-22 condenser outside (Trane XB13/XR13).

I don't think the Trane unit is in the budget. What else ya got Ryan?

With that coil (and I'm actually pulling up the newer model, 2TXFH054), nothing as a rated match. Not to say no other brand would work, but it wouldn't have rated capacity/efficiency. With a TXV, could probably get away with installing another brand (done all the time), but as we all know, matched is better for all practical purposes.

If I read the story right, the last unit there was a Goodman. So, we don't need no stinkin' ratings.

With that coil (and I'm actually pulling up the newer model, 2TXFH054), nothing as a rated match. Not to say no other brand would work, but it wouldn't have rated capacity/efficiency. With a TXV, could probably get away with installing another brand (done all the time), but as we all know, matched is better for all practical purposes.
    K, looks like I will go back with either another goodman or does anyone know anything about the Payne condeser and would you recommend one over the other?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast