suspect condensate problem

Within a few days of replacing an older HVAC with a new Trane 80% efficiency model, water began to puddle in the attic and leak thru my ceiling in the den. There is no water in the pan under the unit. The attic is floored so I've cut a few holes along the condensate line looking for where the water may be coming from and to sop up the water. I haven't been able to find the source of the water. But, then, I've only exposed about a third of the line in various places. Before I remove the entire floor, I was hoping someone could tell me if I'm on the right track or a simpler method to a solution.

Thanks, Joe

I would get the guy back there and let him make it right. Too coincidental a water leak has just appeared following a new change out.

Quote Originally Posted by h2045 View Post
    I would get the guy back there and let him make it right. Too coincidental a water leak has just appeared following a new change out.
    Yep, that's the simplest method.

It could be just a coincidence on the timing but like the others said I would suspect the AC first before I called a plumber.
    Since you don't see any visible signs of where the water is coming from I wouldn't
    be surprised if a condensate line came loose or cracked at a joint where you can't see it.
    Assuming it is a condensate problem It may be no fault at all on the new installer depending on how the original drain line was installed.

Sounds like the installer might have overlooked something. Check with him to see if he blew out condensate line, it might have already been partially clogged, or the line could have cracked during installation.