Thread: airflow??

airflow??

my mother in laws packaged day and night system doesnt cool effectivley. I am fresh out of school so i dont have very much experience. But it seems to me that she does not have good enough air flow. The suction line ices up a little and sweats all the way to the compressor. Should i check for a crushed duct or a dirty evap coil or could it be something completely different. if you have any advice lend me some feed back. thanks for your time

If you're fresh out of school, you must have learned something. Back to basics, and you'll figure it out. But, I think you're headed in the right direction.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    What type of duct system,floor supplies,sidealls???Post some pics..

Quote Originally Posted by bt84 View Post
    my mother in laws packaged day and night system doesnt cool effectivley. I am fresh out of school so i dont have very much experience. But it seems to me that she does not have good enough air flow. The suction line ices up a little and sweats all the way to the compressor. Should i check for a crushed duct or a dirty evap coil or could it be something completely different. if you have any advice lend me some feed back. thanks for your time
    The first thing you must learn is how to test airflow FPM-velocity & then converting it to CFM, then to BTUH per duct run & the total for all runs.

Click udarrell - then contact info updated page, on how to use duct & diffuser mfg'ers sq.ft. areas & other data, to put together all the data you need to use.
    - Darrell
    Last edited by udarrell; 07-06-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: wording change

And......getting your post count up and applying for professional membership would do wonders for your continuing education!!
    I need a new signature.....