Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm Costco is selling Lennox in Canada-- ? recommend

I'm a home owner who is considering a Lennox XP15 vs Trane XL15i 2.5 ton with electric furnace backup. I'm not normally a big box shopper, but I see that Costco Canada is selling the Lennox XP15 in my area. The Lennox is the one I'm leaning toward because I want the quietest system. I don't want to offend you hard-working private retailers, but money is tight. At the same time, I don't want to save a few dollars to end up with poor install and service. Anyone know how it works? Do reputable companies do the install and warranty? Who does the customer communicate with if there is a problem? Finally is there really any cost saving at the end of the day?
    My grandmother used to say "Cheap is expensive, expensive is cheap."

Its always better to just get pricing from a local pro.
    Most will not install someone elses equipment. If i do its a lot more since ive been bitten before. Plus its just bad form.
    If you find someone it will be a side job and will not have a warranty or insurance and im sure they will not take the time that a real company would to make sure everything is right.
    Been there too.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Probably no savings in the end, could cost more. At least the way things work with Home Depot and Trane. A local dealer installs plus HD gets a cut. The stuff is not sold uninstalled.

If Costco sells uninstalled, often times the dealer you find to install it, if they are smart, will raise their labor rates to make up for the lost revenue of the equipment sale. Their costs & overhead are the same so they have to cover them somehow.

So get a bid the Costco route but check with one or 2 more dealers who come recommended by friends to see. And listen to Granny.

By the way, wtf is wrong with lennox
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

thanks BaldLoonie and zackhvac. Yes, looks like they use a local installer.
    http://tinyurl.com/rbnkb2
    I'll see what they come up with, check who is doing the install, and compare it to what I've already been quoted. HD could be a recipe for disaster but they are selling the unit that I want. If there is not that much difference in price, I'll give HD a pass.

I went with HD on my trane system and could not be happier..

they are installed by Service Experts it is professionally installed 100% satisfaction you get 10% costco cash card and if you are a exeutive member you get another 2% also you get all government rebates. Best deal going..

Quote Originally Posted by snacktray View Post
    I went with HD on my trane system and could not be happier..
    Thanks snacktray. Was it installed by a local dealer/service or by HD? And, who do you call for adjusting the system or for warranty work?

The only time I spoke with anyone from HD was when they called to set up an appt. to come out. It was installed by a local company and they do any warranty work and 1yr of PM for me.

If your in Canada Service Experts do Home depot to

Just check the BBB before you sign anything...

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    By the way, wtf is wrong with lennox
    I would say Nothing wrong with Lennox THEY OWN Serive Experts>To me that sounds pretty smart do you not agree...?

I love lennox.
    I love changing out compressors right after their warranty expires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast