Ranco Electronic Temp control

I have a kayrack with a Ranco ETC ( the multi voltage on). The error code is E2. The intructions I found there said to check the settings I did. I would reset it by turning the power off and it will turn the compressor of about 30 secs and then E2. I did not have anew control on hand but said I'll order one.

Is there something I am missing here. Or is the controller bad. Thought I had bad wire connection redid some, defrost timer bypassed the same thing. Everything checks out with my meter on them.

e2 is settings not stored in memory. i had this same problem recently. double check that everything is set, and if so and still continues, replace control.

i had a culvers store with kayrack equipment with the ranco etc stats. so far i have replaced a dozen of them. never the same one twice.

anyway this store is about 2 yrs. old and the manager finally got kayrack to send him enough to replace all of his in the store, kayrack said that ranco had a few go out the door with the e2 problem. (a few thousand)

jeep

I like the johnson controls one better than the ranco.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    I like the johnson controls one better than the ranco.
    The cpc one is even better.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I keep 2 Ranco ETC-111000 on the truck. When they go, it seems like they go in bunches. I have replaced 2 and 3 a week, then go a year without replacing a one.

Dude -

Error Code E2 = Replace the controller. Memory is shot.

sorry
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

I have alot of experience with those stats and those kairaks. I'd replace that darn thing.

You did not use the proper diagnostic tool for that controller
    Use this tool instead

A co-worker went back to rplace the control and found the old one working. Don't know for how long. Replace it anyhow