Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maytag HVAC division is made by Nordyne, I have used Nordyne and found them to be a reliable quality unit. I dont believe that Maytag ever had its own HVAC division.

Now if you get into home appliances, Maytag was sold to Whirlpool, and that division has gone down the tubes, you are getting a Whirlpool with a Maytag label on it. Too bad Maytag made some great appliances, when ever a great company is sold, it all ways turns into how can we get the biggest profits, instead of how can we keep up the tradition of quality? Enough to make you wanna cry.

Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    I think this is total BS. The third world components are being used by the company so THEY can save $. We dont get the benefit in return. You really think they pass the savings on to the consumer/dealer? I totaly disagree.
    Yes they do.

HVAC Equipment cost haven't gone up the same as the cost of most other things.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

In some cases, we are paying less now for 95.5% furnaces than we were the last 10 years, right Twlli? No matter what, I don't brand bash, I work on every brand and they all have problems. Pick a contractor and go with what he likes. I will say, from a parts availability stand point, I never wait on parts for Ducane, Luxaire or any of the wholesaler distributed brands, I can't say the same thing for dealer only brands like Trane, Lennox etc. Even the atta boy Dave guy's grumble at times over getting parts. We handle Luxaire mostly but do use Ducane occasionally, Luxaire's new 95.5% furnaces are an exceptional value for the price as are Coleman (same equipment). Choose the contractor wisely and you will be happy with the equipment.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

maytag's quality has probably improved IMO over the years

if thier quality stinks that bad, at least they're giving you a warranty that makes up for it lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    I think this is total BS. The third world components are being used by the company so THEY can save $. We dont get the benefit in return. You really think they pass the savings on to the consumer/dealer? I totaly disagree.
    equipment price is close to same

cost of labor and materials isn't

consumers don't get benefits from anything anymore

everything is a consumable a.k.a. when your done with it, throw it in the land fill
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

"Ask if they are going to do a manual J calc on the home " What is a manual j calc? I provided the contractors with blueprints of the house and they all provided quotes based off of those.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    equipment price is close to same

cost of labor and materials isn't

consumers don't get benefits from anything anymore

everything is a consumable a.k.a. when your done with it, throw it in the land fill
    I totaly agree that labor and material being more expensive. But the only one who benefits on the "junk" that is being produced today is the manufacturer. They ARE NOT passing the savings on to the dealer/homeowner. And yes, most goods today are consumable.

The appliance company named Maytag has never made HVAC equipment, they just license the name to Nordyne, a company that has been making HVAC equipment for decades under several names they have licensed.

Nordyne's quality is on par with anyone else, and their highest end IQ Drive system is unquestionably the most technologically advanced and highest efficiency air to air system currently available in the residential market.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by alrathcke View Post
    "Ask if they are going to do a manual J calc on the home " What is a manual j calc? I provided the contractors with blueprints of the house and they all provided quotes based off of those.
    Look here for info on why and what a Man. J is;

www.acca.org

Maytag makes an unbelievable unit, im always happy when i get to install one.
    Maytag is the premier, then Westinghouse who i am a dealer for. Same unit, no stainless steel wrap or panels,slightly lesser warranty on labor out of the box,but easier to sell.
    I couldnt tell you how impressed i was with their furnaces and iq drive. I have never installed one where the customers themselves did not sell one to a relative or neighbor for me.
    The iq 23 seer a/c system is very nice and their 16 seer two stage is affordable to most.
    Once installed they sell themselves ask for referrals.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Maytag vs. Rheem / Ruud

I'm a dealer in central MN, since 1969, we handle botth the Maytag and Rheem/Ruud. i can tell you that in the last 2 years we havent had a single warranty service call on the Maytags we have installed in the last 2 years. the Rheem has also been very good. as to which one is better, i dont know. with the modulating furnaces, i wouldnt buy any brand other than rheem right now, but as for everything else, we tend to sell more Maytag, in the add on replacement market. i wouldnt be afraid of either brand, the Installation is the most important in any brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg913 View Post
    I'm a dealer in central MN, since 1969, we handle botth the Maytag and Rheem/Ruud. i can tell you that in the last 2 years we havent had a single warranty service call on the Maytags we have installed in the last 2 years. the Rheem has also been very good. as to which one is better, i dont know. with the modulating furnaces, i wouldnt buy any brand other than rheem right now, but as for everything else, we tend to sell more Maytag, in the add on replacement market. i wouldnt be afraid of either brand, the Installation is the most important in any brand.
    You either have smart customers or good customers.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12