Thread: Break in Time

Break in Time

Do new HVAC systems (HP in this case) have a "break in" time? Perhaps its just me but t he HP seems to be cooling better than at the beginning of the summer

I've never heard of a break in period.

You need to be careful with comparisons. Performance will be a function of ambient temperature, humidity and the rate at which heat is infiltrating the dwelling which can be a result of many factors such as radiation. (sunny day vs overcast day)

If your comparison is based on feeling the outlet register temp then it could also be a result of lower airflow across the coil. Has the filter been changed since the system was new???

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantGarde View Post
    Do new HVAC systems (HP in this case) have a "break in" time? Perhaps its just me but t he HP seems to be cooling better than at the beginning of the summer
    I do recall several posts in other threads that say the system needs to learn your house. Don't know what that means but I would be curious to hear an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    I do recall several posts in other threads that say the system needs to learn your house. Don't know what that means but I would be curious to hear an explanation.
    That would probably be for a digital t-stat with "Adaptive Intelligent Recovery". Not the HVAC system, just the t-stat.

Take care.

Thrice since Feb

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    I've never heard of a break in period.

You need to be careful with comparisons. Performance will be a function of ambient temperature, humidity and the rate at which heat is infiltrating the dwelling which can be a result of many factors such as radiation. (sunny day vs overcast day)

If your comparison is based on feeling the outlet register temp then it could also be a result of lower airflow across the coil. Has the filter been changed since the system was new???
    Very ticky