Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Guys, it ain't the supplier's job NOR the customer's job to KNOW the product...it's ours....
    You're a real class act there Doug.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-11-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: To bring quote back to PG rating

Thanks again wrangler. The supplier was stalling him as it turns out. For the record, I never raised my voice or got nasty. After 5 days and several calls after the last appointment he missed, I left a voice message on both his business cell and land line to tell him I would go to the BBB if he did not contact me in 48 hours. I said I knew things get out of hand just call me and let me know you are still trying to work it out. I actually waited 4 days. I can't make him be responsible enough to just call. I understand how you wouldn't want others to get any ideas about complaining when they are unhappy and it's not your fault. Remember, I provide services also. All it would have taken was a phone call. If someone refuses to talk to you after 10 days, that's unreasonable.

Mr. Lockhart,
    I agree with your message. A reputation for professionalism is earned and it's hard to regain once it's lost. With all of the cons out there slandering the Real Professional, it should be guarded with passion... professionally. 8^)

Mr. Bill,
    The air flow from the new coils is much better. We will find out over the next few nights when that dreaded 3:00 AM comes around again. If I have problems again, I'm going to ask another contractor to look at the duct work so we can improve the air flow. Nice icon!

PeteTx

I forgot to mention. Immediately after the correct coils were installed, I contacted the BBB and requested to have the complaint withdrawn with nothing to appear in any file. I told them the contractor was not at fault.

I guess we both learned a lesson. He should communicate more often than every 10 days and let someone know if he can't make an appointment. I'm still looking at things again to make sure I didn't contribute to the fire.

PeteTx

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    You're a real class act there Doug.
    Y'know guys I have been trying for 33 years to supply top quality product, top quality service and top quality tools for this trade for all of those 33 years. I have come to the conclusion that this PC correct, kissy kiss era is all about optics rather than substance/content. Seems it's OK to lie, cheat and steal in this day and age as long as you prepare the 'proper' press release. D'you think that maybe some of this present economic crisis may have been predicated by this set of principles?

Some of you guys may jump up on your soapbox and wag your finger at me and my 'language and lack of class'. Yer damn straight, I am a foul mouthed, calls 'em as I sees 'em redneck tradesman that no matter how many frames I hang on the wall I am only as good as my reputation and integrity with which my last 33 years of performance built. How I treat people with my level of diligence and honesty goes EVERYWHERE I do and my Mother always taught me sooner or later you get back in double potions what you dish out in life.....

My HVAC/R reputation here is that I can be an a$$hole to deal with but when I walk away from a piece of equipment it's working properly. I have a helluva lot further to go in life to be a nicey nice, sensitive, PC individual but when it comes to honesty and hard work I compromise not!!! I know responsibility is not PC but it really works well with my Maker....even when I cuss while I'm taking painfull, rigorous inventory of my own screwups....and there's lots of 'em...believe me ......
    Have a good weekend....Be honest to yourself.....it'll spread
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

You're full of yourself, and something else too.

You've got pm.

Doug.

This is a family rated forum.

Post how you feel, in a Family rated manner.
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 07-11-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

SITREP:

Last night was much better. I didn't change any temp settings, but we were very comfortable and able to sleep without perspiring. I guess the humidity was lower because the unit was able to run and not freeze. I don't know how accurate a home weather center is but it has been reading about 30%.

Woo Hoo!

PeteTx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345