Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Another good one is whenever there is an electrical problem, people will say there is a "short" in it, when they have no clue what an electrical short is.

Like when a lightbulb burns out, they will say it shorted out, when actually a burnt out bulb is an open circuit.

Just yesterday I heard a lady say... "I think the fuse is blown". I also heard someone else say... "It probably needs a jumper".

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    I am constantly asked about Freon. I kindly explain that I don't use Freon. I use Genetron or any other brand of REFRIGERANT that I have on my van. If you specifically want Freon by DuPont I will get it for an extra charge.
    That's funny. I'd like "Coke". Sorry, I only offer "Pepsi" or...

Can I borrow your "sawzall?". Sorry, only have a Makita reciprocal saw, but if you want a Sawzall, you'll have to buy your own".

The second one sounds like they had been talking to someone I used to work with... A couple of them just thought everything needed a jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjames View Post
    That's funny. I'd like "Coke". Sorry, I only offer "Pepsi" or...

Can I borrow your "sawzall?". Sorry, only have a Makita reciprocal saw, but if you want a Sawzall, you'll have to buy your own".
    I definitely share those same sentiments.. Not really a big deal, but just enough to make me grit my teeth.. 9 times out of 10 I will point it out.. Just a pet peeve. Just like someone driving a Diesel truck and saying they are stopping to get Gas. There was a girl at the Rescue Squad on my shift that used to say that and I would always ask her "You're going to do what?" Then she would say she was puting Diesel in the truck, or Fuel, just not Gas.

Had a no a/c call. When i finished checking the system, the new h.o. asked me what was wrong. I told him the disconnect for the outdoor uint was off. He said "Well if the disconnect was off, shouldn't it be running?"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456