Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    The nice thing about the thermostat is that Home Depot sells them.
    All you have to do is connect the wires up, most of the time it doesn't matter where you put them.

Now they are digital so you don't have to level them. That is good as I have seen them sideways and yes upside down. The guy spent a great deal of time drilling a cinder block wall, inserting plastic anchors and then found out the sub base was installed upside down, he said it works upside down so why change it. I agreed and left it that way so my partner could get a good laugh too.

they still have the rc-rh jumper on some of the stats.
    You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was

I hate to say it, but I am a HO and when I call I tell them that it is low on freon.

And that is because there is a known leak. And when I call it has frozen up. A number of techs had ID the problem, but say that it can't be fixed. Fortunately It is getting replaced soon and that is why I here. To check on some options.

But I know exactly what you are talking about. I am semi-retired and do light handyman work. Replace light switches, hang fans, fix leaking faucets, and the like.

I wish a had written some of the questions and comments that I have gotten. But there are a number of HO that have absolutely no concept about how anything in the house works.

Last fall I replaced a shower where the tile was bulging off the wall. But they did not realize that they had a problem until water started dripping in the basement.

I showed up to a warm beer cooler just the other day:

"I think it needs to be recharged" says the customer.

I start looking the system over.

"Last time the exact thing happened and the guy just put some more freon in it".

It was a plugged filter/dryer.

How about when you ask what type of A/C they have and they tell you it's a HONEYWELL.
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

the low on freezon or it's the compressor don't annoy me as much as people on a 100 degree day turning it down to 50 because they think it will cool "more" because the stat is set down farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor Comfort View Post
    How about when you ask what type of A/C they have and they tell you it's a HONEYWELL.
    Now that's a good one.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

I am constantly asked about Freon. I kindly explain that I don't use Freon. I use Genetron or any other brand of REFRIGERANT that I have on my van. If you specifically want Freon by DuPont I will get it for an extra charge.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

never had anyone tell me it was a honeywell furnace but have had them tell me its one of your (name of company ) furaces
    You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was

I know a lot of people that differentiate the AHU from the Cond. section by calling the AHU the A/C and the Cond. the Heat Pump...

anyone enjoy the "New homeowners" ......."sir, where is your indoor unit located? (homeowner) "indoor??? the units outside and the regulator is on the wall in the living room"

Regulator? That's a new one... I have gotten a few of the "It just needs 'gas' (or Freon, or Coolant, or whatever they decide to call it).

where im at i am amazed that some of these people even remember how to breathe.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast