Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

my favorite
    "it need new freon cause its 10 years old and the freon is stale"
    If con is the opposite of pro
    is congress the opposite of progress?

LOL, I see Im not alone. "Nobody ever told me where the air filter goes so i never changed it!" How long have you lived here? "Oh, about 5 years". "Doesnt it just need some freon"?
    Eat a slice of Humble Pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus-Herb94 View Post
    This hair salon by me got a new RTU last fall and the A/C half is defective on it, and one of the things they did was replace the thermostat when it was obviously nothing to do with it! and a downgraded T-stat too.
    I had a call where the handyman that worked for the owner met me at the job. He said I tried to replace the tstat and now it wont work. I asked him if it worked before and he said no, thats why Im changing the stat. It was a heat pump stat and he gave up after 2 hours of trying to wire the new one in. I wired the stat and found a bad cap at the outdoor unit. It was a nice new stat though.
    Eat a slice of Humble Pie.

You get there and there is a brand new filter, and the coil is a block of ice, they say...

"my husband says it prolly just needs a shot of freezon".

Do you change the filter regularly ? "oh yeah my husband does".

That'll be $285 mam................"oh my husband has the check book, can we send you a check".........

Who here remembers Freezone?
    It was used to remove warts.
    When someone says it needs Freezone, I ask, why does it have warts?
    Most of em don't get it though.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

"the a.c stopped....i think my compressor burned out...."

In the old days the refrigeration guys would quite frequently just "gas er up". My cost on R-12 when I first went into business was .87 cents a pound. We used it to blow out the condenser as well.

The equipment was all belt driven compressors. After awhile the shaft seals would start to leak. You could see the oil dripping off the shaft. If you "gased it up" it could last 3-4 months. "I'll be back to change the shaft seal." After awhile the customer thought that the refrigeratio equipment used "gas" just like a car.

What you are hearing today is a carry over from the old belt driven days.

"Does anyone have a door gasket cutter I can borrow??? "

Arrow

I think that one of my best was,,,, I installed an A/C for some friends of ours and I left them about 6 spare pleated filters with small duct tape tabs (custom installed by yours truly to aid in filter removal) and throughout that summer i reminded he and his wife about 6 times to change that filter or it is going to freeeze up!! Guess what, the next spring (suprised it made it that long) it froze up... His wife was very quick to run to me and say,,Jeff,,guess what happen??

You can lead a horse to water.....but you can't make him smart!!! I modified this quote myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    It's always the thermostat. Thats all I do all day, change thermostats and put in freezon stuff.

Dispatch 4:30 PM: "Could you take one more call, the tenant says it just needs freon, it should only take you a few minutes."
    That used to be my biggest pet peeve with office people. They would say "could you swing by, stop by, do a quick call at".
    9 times out of 10 it wasn't just a quick call and when you tell the office that it's going to take longer they never say "ok I'll re-assign the call you were heading to".
    You end up working late and everyone else went home at a reasonable time.

We had a heat wave last week...99 deg (130 on the strip mall roofs) and 89% humidity. newly opened restaurant in what used to be a bar. Cleaned off the cottonwoods and still 350 head. informed the manager that he should call the office and schedule us to come clean the coil properly..would have to shut down unit for about 3 hours (splitting condenser) his response "how is the gas though?" " its ok but that thing is dirty and neglected that why its 79 in the sitting area. Went back Monday with a helper..was like a horse blanket between the coils..all washed now. the owners response when we finished .."so the gas is good?"

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    In the old days the refrigeration guys would quite frequently just "gas er up". My cost on R-12 when I first went into business was .87 cents a pound. We used it to blow out the condenser as well.

The equipment was all belt driven compressors. After awhile the shaft seals would start to leak. You could see the oil dripping off the shaft. If you "gased it up" it could last 3-4 months. "I'll be back to change the shaft seal." After awhile the customer thought that the refrigeratio equipment used "gas" just like a car.

What you are hearing today is a carry over from the old belt driven days.

"Does anyone have a door gasket cutter I can borrow??? "
    What who is EPA

back then when EPA name came up
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast