Confused Need Help, Summit A-Coil Model Number?!?!?

Hello, I've got a Summit A-coil with the following model number (CA2H50-GM-DF) I've called a couple of the local supply houses and nobody can seem to cross reference this model number?!? I had one guy tell me that he thinks it is a 2-ton, but considering it is on a 2000 sq. ft. house AND that the line set is 7/8 and 3/8.............I seriously doubt that this is a 2-ton.............Long story short, the A-coil appears to be fine and I just need to find out what size condensor to slap on it (the old one was stolen!)

And p.s. Yes, I have checked the model number 3 times and the above model number is exactly correct...........how old? Maybe 10, 20, 30 years old....not really sure!

You guys have been great help in the past, any help or advice is truly appreciated!

Excuse my ignorance, but if you're replacing the stolen condensor why wouldn't you also replace the coil if this system is really that old?

Oh, I would not call that ignorance, and I truly agree, but this is a flip-house that belongs to a friend of mine! He wants to spend as little as possible, so I'm going to try to replace the condensor only, I have blown-thru and pressure checked the A-coil and it appears to be holding fine! The other issue is the way that the a-coil and furnace were originally installed in the basement - an f-ing nightmare! I would have to do a complete demo and start all over - and he obviously does not want to pay for that?!? My problem is that I don't know how old the unit is - nor do I know the size?!? Makes it a crap-shoot when trying to buy a condensor!

He's trying to put "lipstick-on-a-pig" and that's fine with me, seeing how I already told him there would be no warranty on any of this, unless I do a full change-out!

I've crossed a bunch of model numbers in my day.............Never had this much trouble before?!? Any help?

So who pays to change out the indoor coil. When it doesn't cool right after you install the new outdoor unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Contact Mortex Manufacturing at 1-800-444-63543, or 817-624-0820. Tech support is ext 261, engineering is ext. 229

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    So who pays to change out the indoor coil. When it doesn't cool right after you install the new outdoor unit.
    He is aware of the chance that there may be other problems, but he was told by the previous owner that the system worked fine, prior to the condensor being stolen! With that said, if I replace with the correct sized condensor, there should be no problem...................If there is, too bad for him, I guess?!?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
    Contact Mortex Manufacturing at 1-800-444-63543, or 817-624-0820. Tech support is ext 261, engineering is ext. 229
    Yes, I just found that number a bit earlier and planned to call tomorrow, thank you very much.....................that was the kind of answer I was looking for! I truly appreciate the help!