Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jr9701 View Post
    Most companies that dont value there employees will expect them there asap (especially if it a new customer). Reasonable employers dont expect you to just drop everything and run, but those companies are few and far between.

I'd say within an hour and a half to two hours w/ travel is fair.
    I think often the employers expectations are dictated by the customer's requirements.

I have always felt that I work for a 'reasonable' company. When a call comes in that needs a guy on it, you WILL drop everything and go.

That is your job. Don't like it? Find another one.

When there is tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product hanging in the balance, I don't care if your lawn gets mowed, suit up and GO.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Part of this is a problem with the techs, also. If you have been in the business for a while and know your stuff and you put up with $hit like that, then you get what you deserve. You want to roll over and take a verbal beating? Fine, be my guest, but if I am in the right and KNOW it, then you had better not call me yelling. You'll be in for a surprise...
    I couldn't agree more.....
    "It's not that I'm so smart, I just spend more time with problems." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I think often the employers expectations are dictated by the customer's requirements.

I have always felt that I work for a 'reasonable' company. When a call comes in that needs a guy on it, you WILL drop everything and go.

That is your job. Don't like it? Find another one.

When there is tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product hanging in the balance, I don't care if your lawn gets mowed, suit up and GO.

I carry the same attitude and know others who don't. I was told one day "just get to a call when you can."

Try telling that nonsense to a customer that is about to lose big $$$$ and see what happens.

I have often heard "wow you got here quick we didn't expect you so fast." I tell them I want to find the problem as quickly as possible and get busy make the repair. It just makes the whole process better with a quick response time and positive attitude.
    "It's not that I'm so smart, I just spend more time with problems." Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123