Thread: Differance between 25hpa536h30 and 25hpa536a310

Post Likes

Confused Differance between 25hpa536h30 and 25hpa536a310

I just got the 25hpa536a310 system installed at my house yesterday, but I was looking at the paperwork and noticed that the 25hpa536h30 was put down as the model number.

A bit of research is leading me to believe that I have gotten the wrong model installed. Or did I ???

My main concern is that I may be paying for a more expensive model and received one which I did not order.............

Thanks!!!

Dave

Post Likes
    the 1 is a newer model than the 0. Just some minor change probably nobody knows what it is. But maybe some Carrier dealer does and will tell you.

Post Likes
    As above, and the "H" is an enhanced model for better heating (HSPF) efficiency. Noise level and physical size are also different.

You got the wrong unit. It's not just a small revision we're talking about. Where do you live?

Post Likes
    Lets just say I live in Florida

The wife will be calling the people who put the system in and she WILL get it taken care of

Thanks!!!!

Post Likes
    So why wouldn't he want this model? Cooling performance compromised?

Post Likes
    In Florida, really no need for the 25HPA5H. Probably a special order as well. The 25HPA5 sometimes has a little more cooling efficiency, but the difference is marginal. The H model just has a better HSPF, which in Florida isn't very important. The H model typically costs more so it's still good to double check with the installing company as to why the change was made.

Post Likes
    Hmmm, thanks for the info.

I do live in NE Fla where the temps can dip into the 20's during the winter so I am thinking I will be wanting the more efficient one

Dave

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in