Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Our first FL house had a ducted Bard unit installed in garage ceiling. It was a split with evap on oil furnace. The cond sucked air in from eave vents and blew it out of a duct in the gable. We used to stand under it after swimming to dry off! That Bard ran 26 years with zero problems.

wow back from the dead, quite possibly the most famous Goodman ever lol

Years ago, I saw a package unit mounted in an attic. It had the condenser air exhausting out the gable, but it was pulling condenser air from the attic. They had two 6" flex runs from the evap side running to the condenser coil to keep it from tripping on high head.
    I told em I wouldn't work on it. They didn't sound surprised, and even said I was the third guy to refuse to work on it. But they still wanted it "repaired" instead of "fixed".

Shocking, should get the state board involved and take action on unlicensed installers or pull some licenses.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

[QUOTE=duct_dude;300532]Fedders use to make a package unit that went in the attic.

Those old Fedders were called Adapta-matics.
    Here in South Florida there was a contractor that did this in an entire development. Hundreds of package units in the attics.
    Real pain to service.

Nice.

Had one customer's self styled engineer husband build a roof over the pkg unit but it was a large attic area. Argued with me about it, just said screw it. House is a water front mansion. Have to listen to every new tech that sees it.

Have a large condo that has Freidrich thru wall pkg units in the center room of the condos and the outside coil is ducted to outside. One a the installing contractor's techs put a R/A grill on the intake duct. So much thought goes into doing something wrong.

They told us at East Coast that this unit would replace an Insider, but it like to have killed us getting that in the attic.

Smile

maybe Payson finally got his point across and dietz crane isnt going to put them on the roofs anymore. just kidding..

We actually had a rooftop unit that was mounted on the roof, Untill they decided to frame around it and make it part of the attic. The left a 24" hole and metal chase from the condener fan to the attic vent. I hated to work on it, BUT it was at a stripclub.

that is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! I could hardly believe what my eyes were seeing. How can someone get away with this?
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Builders can do anything !!! ...............and get away with it.

what inspection!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast