Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is this in Lexington, KY? I know of a job that is hauntingly familiar to this. RTU's were installed on a flat roof. New building owner wanted a pitched roof. They just framed around the RTU's!
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Nope thats a South Carolina special

I know serveral inspectors that would pass that job without asking any questions. Egg Harbor Township.

You talk like your an ex-Egg Harbor Township Inspector.

My favorite is the low voltage wire coming out of sealtite connector minus the sealtite.

I've seen this 2 times as well. Once in a beautiful house, I mean outstanding!! Head on up to the attic for a little spring service BOOM roof top unit curbed onto a plenum with the return side directly on the return grill, histericle. The other one I saw was set like a condener on some cement blocks with 2 ducts(wrapped with pvc faced duct wrap) running to the attic. All I could picture was the home owner talking to his contractor/carpenter ..."I was thinking of putting a/c in here and I got this unit from a friend .. .Think we can use it? ..Sure we can .." lmao

I work at a Federal building in Ft Worth and we have package units hanging above the suspended ceiling in a lot of areas. They are the Space Cooler brand. I thought it was kind of funny. We also have a RTU for the fitness center that is taking in 100% outside air with no return from the space. There is a problem with the controls but the computer is mounted inside a interlocking disconnect box and in order to open the box you have to shut off the power which kills the computer which then goes to a default setting. Good thing it is still under warranty.

I actually saw this install and could not believe what I was seeing. I have seen other installs by this company and all are bad, but not to this extent. We called the installer and asked him about it and at first he denied doing the work and then finally admitted to doing it, and made up some lame excuses. My understanding is that anyone can buy Goodman equipment-that needs to change.

did they use the electric heat strips?....can you say high head pressure?lol!i would drag my water hose up there to clean and tune it!this one takes the cake.....

Unhappy I had one like this!

An older home had a BARD package heat pump mounted in the trusses above the garage with a long duct assembly running from the gable end of the roof to the condenser coil, pulling air from the outside and exhausting into the attic space. Funny thing, there was a fairly large opening around the duct trunks going into the home attic space. I'm not sure how it ran at all, the attic over the garage easily beat 120 deg. F on a summer day. We had to replace the blower motor on that one, a double shafted motor for in and out blowers. The HO claimed it ran just fine, they never had any trouble except for the blower motor dying when it did. Despite not liking the intall, I DO like BARD's!
    Changing out the blower motor is another story entirely!!

Originally posted by woods mech
    I work at a Federal building .......
    Say no more. I know fron that statement that was gonna be something BAD.

Although none of us can think of anything stupider than that, at some point someone will post something which is.

Now I have seen everything
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Imagine having a pack unit over an inside a warehouse office ceiling on a plywood deck! Now a tech wash's out the cond coil with a garden hose! It happened!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast