Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    These aren't my pics, they were taken by my friend who works for another company, They obviously did not install it lol.....there was no way to get it out so they just left it in place and installed a split system.....enjoy

Last edited by Dad; 05-01-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: requested by OP, new pics

Another installer that met Dave's - I mean Harold's Quality Dealer Standards. Cash in hand

That is unbelievable!!!
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

My best friend said he seen one of those in the attic before but man I didnt think any one would ever do it. How the heck would you hange it out or how would it even come close to working properly ever?

Angry Noise levels had to be inhumane.

Didn't the noise levels drive the homeowners nutty?

Hmm

Looks like there is a line set, could the HO be using the evap part of package unit as a AH. The compressor could be removed.

STUD

Nope, no lineset, they sat it there and then built the roof around it, needless to say it never worked.

I sent my friend who took the pics a link to this thread, maybe he will reply and give some more details about it.

Yep, that's something a co. that only installs Goodman equip. would do. In fact, I witnessed something similar about a year ago &, yes, it was a Goodman.
    WHY?

pilot is offline Member- bad email - server kicked back
    see thats why they are called roof top units but it looks like they left the directions in the truck. Nice duct work!

pilot is offline Member- bad email - server kicked back
    whoops im sorry thats one of those attic package units says it one the name plate

Cool

Fedders use to make a package unit that went in the attic.Had a call on my first one told the lady I would go around the back and check it out, I could here it running from the porch. Went all the way around and back to the door I thought someone was pulling my leg. Sure enough it was in the attic. The condenser used a blower wheel that sucked air up a 12 inch duct from the eve acrossed the coil and back out to the eve.Worked ok but very loud.
    Larry,

There were several installed in our area. However, they were dusted to the outside. Old R-500 systems.

I have never even heard of anything like this. Can't wait till I tell the other techs about this tomorrow. Great pic

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast