Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Been runnin like that for years."

So says the customer. The unit is four years old and numerous companies have been out to try and fix the problem. I get there and after a few minuets at the condenser I ask where the heater is. The customer says " It's in the attic. No one else ever looked at that."
    Name:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 014.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  33.4 KBName:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 013.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  31.3 KBName:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 012.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  29.4 KB
    Couple hours and a new 3 ton expansion valve later and "It never cooled that good before." I opened up the coil and the piston was never installed...So I guess "Bubba Joe" and "Billy Jack" decided to make there own metering device!
    P.S. Twilly I hope I didn't offend you useing your kinfolks names..."Bubba Joe" and "Billy Jack"
    Last edited by trixter; 06-25-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Note to twilly
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

Thats funny right there.

Gotta be one of those new fangled multi stage flash gas adaptors
    Here's your sign...

"Its in the attic nobody ever looked at that"-thats priceless...

Geez. I just don't understand how people can make it in this trade pulling crap like that. And then you were the first guy to look at the air handler! I was at call 7 years ago. HO had 3 companies out that told her she needed a new unit. Took me five minutes to put my guages on and determine I need to pull the evaporator. When I did it was matted in cat hair.

Quote Originally Posted by trixter View Post
    So says the customer. The unit is four years old and numerous companies have been out to try and fix the problem. I get there and after a few minuets at the condenser I ask where the heater is. The customer says " It's in the attic. No one else ever looked at that."
    Name:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 014.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  33.4 KBName:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 013.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  31.3 KBName:  Cap, Copper, Jumperwire 012.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  29.4 KB
    Couple hours and a new 3 ton expansion valve later and "It never cooled that good before." I opened up the coil and the piston was never installed...So I guess "Bubba Joe" and "Billy Jack" decided to make there own metering device!
    P.S. Twilly I hope I didn't offend you useing your kinfolks names..."Bubba Joe" and "Billy Jack"
    that's patent pending
    If you help others then you are a Success

That is the new "Pinch-O-Matic" metering device. Prob just needed some freeeeeeeeeezone!!!!!
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Where can i buy some of those for stock?????
    Any job big or small,do it right, or not at all !!!

I still got the one I pulled out, it is in my personal collection now but... if you reeeeeally want it for stock I could be persuaded to part with it
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

no way

Boy am I impressed!! I wonder what math formula "Bubba Joe" and "Billy Jack" used the figure how many crimps to make to get the right mass flow,,, Ya think it was trial and error????

Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

You were supposed to cut it off. Each pinch = 1/2 ton...Just wasnt set right...

What's sad is that I saw that very same thing up here at a church. It was a old lennox system. I was just checking out the site and noticed it. It was cooling ok though. I installed a TXV anyway. It was done by Honeywell. That is no lie.(())

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast