Safety overflow switch

Frown Safety overflow switch

As anyone had any problems with the DiversiTech SOS-1 safety overflow switch that snaps on the condensate line? I was using two of these in series, one on the primary and one on the secondary drain...What was happening was that I was getting a voltage drop at the contactor coil which was making it chatter....I removed one of them and the voltage was fine...I had called the manufacturer tech line and told them of the problem that I had..Their response was that ONLY ONE OF THESE CAN BE USED.... I wish that the instructions would have said that before I installed them...I think the reason is because it is an electronic switch and not a mechanical...Any thoughs on this ??????

you can wire it thru a holding relay and that should eliminate the chatter.
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    HVAC Tech/Part Time HVAC Instructor Fortis College
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.
    Larry Flynt quote

Quote Originally Posted by saylor240 View Post
    you can wire it thru a holding relay and that should eliminate the chatter.
    GOOD SUGGESTION....^^
    ELIMINATE THE CHATTER BUT WHAT ABOUT THE "VOLTAGE DROP" I WOULD SAY TO WIRE IT IN PARALLEL...THIS SHOULD ELIMINATE TO CHATTER AS WELL AS YOUR VOLTAGE DROP...

Quote Originally Posted by DPeoples View Post
    GOOD SUGGESTION....^^
    ELIMINATE THE CHATTER BUT WHAT ABOUT THE "VOLTAGE DROP" I WOULD SAY TO WIRE IT IN PARALLEL...THIS SHOULD ELIMINATE TO CHATTER AS WELL AS YOUR VOLTAGE DROP...
    If the vendor says it can only use one, it may very well be that the supply cannot take the load of two units. Hence it is safer to put a relay in, and pick the power for the contactors somewhere else, preferrably from a supply that can handle the load.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site. So we are not allowed to give out advise of this nature.

Since answering your question in the open Residential Forums would be posting instruction for DIYers that may read this post later.

If your in the trade, get your post count up to 15, and apply for Pro Membership.
    Then use this link Apply for Pro Membership

Once accepted, you have access to the pro tech forums. Where you can ask and get answers to technical questions.

Plus, you also have access to the Pro Educational Forums.

All of it is free.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?