Cool SEER rating from 1998 Comfortmaker?

Does anyone now what my SEER rating on my 1998 comfortmaker central air unit might be?

There are 2 model #'s on the unit: acs042a2c1 & fba042gc1

Mfr # nacs042a2c1

serial# l982363817

I'm thinking about upgrading to a new central air unit and want to know what type of saving I might be able to get with a new unit (based off the seer ratings). Only to give me a rough idea... I live in the midwest.

Thanks.

10 seer

Quote Originally Posted by ktiberg View Post
    Does anyone now what my SEER rating on my 1998 comfortmaker central air unit might be?

There are 2 model #'s on the unit: acs042a2c1 & fba042gc1
    Mfr # nacs042a2c1m serial# l982363817

I'm thinking about upgrading to a new central air unit and want to know what type of saving I might be able to get with a new unit (based off the seer ratings). Only to give me a rough idea... I live in the midwest.
    Thanks.
    Don't get hyped up on those SEER charts, every situation is different & nobody can predict what the savings might be for your particular situation & run-time hours per season.

I personally liked the 10 & 12-seer equipment.
    When properly installed they worked well, especially in higher humidity climate areas.

Unless you live in a climate with many A/C months & runtime hours; work on optimizing the operating efficiencies of what you have & reducing both the heating & cooling loads.

Checking ductwork & airflow, reducing home air infiltration, (<-Both huge factors), adding foam & other insulation & attention to windows & doors will save energy use & utility costs the year-round. - Darrell