Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CVT's are garbage. If you only use zone bus you are much better off with the old white box. It is reliable and easy to use and will work with patch and win xp as long as you have a serial port. Instead of buying CVT I would get a laptop with serial port on it. You will be much better off. I had times when the CVT would act up or not talk but the old white box never let me down.

M-Tool and Vista

What type of problems will I have if I install M-tool with Vista on my laptop?
    Last edited by craigam1; 07-01-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigam1 View Post
    What type of problems will I have if I install M-tool with Vista on my laptop?
    lots, I managed to get m-tools, SCT and CCT to run on a vista 64bit laptop by using VMware to create a winXP pro environment, Works good needs lots of memory though

-V-

Were you confortable using this modifacation.

Quote Originally Posted by craigam1 View Post
    Were you confortable using this modifacation.

has not failed yet, But I no longer work for big blue and dont use it anywhere as much as I once did, I guess I posted just to let you know there are way to get things to work, just dont call big blue for support

to me vmware is better then 3 laptops....

take a peek the applications do not know there not on a "real computer"

http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/

-V-
    Last edited by Vortech; 07-01-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Big Blue

I'm always interested in why someone would quit drinking the blue kool-aid???
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by simux View Post
    I'm always interested in why someone would quit drinking the blue kool-aid???

well, more money less stress and way less BS - besides that blue kool aide taste really bad kinda like:

Blue Bull energy drink: More Energy so you can do more for less pay and the side of the can has Excuses (Bull) why this and that are not done on time or correctly.

just a lil tounge in cheek for the Blue Bashers....

M-Tool and Vista

Thanks Vortech for the information.

I am in the same boat that pianoman was; cannot communicate with (ZB) UNT's. Using an XP, with edgeport/1, 1st get "jcserial error code is 1068" then 'communication error: communication not initialized.' With a Windows ME WITH serial port, I get the communication not initialized one. "All" I want is to upload, download & commission replacement UNT's for the school district we do maintenance for.
    A year ago, we purchased the AS-CVTpro300-1, edgeport/1, and Mtools 5.4.2, which included Hvacpro 8.08 from an online vendor who now says I have to buy an upgrade in order to get the patch. It has been sitting on the shelf since then. I pointed out to this vendor that since the patch has been around since at least 12.2009, that said patch should have been included in purchase in 12/2011. I have also talked to additional vendors; a JCI account manager, who was very nice, but so far, not able to point me in any direction but additional ABCS and screen capture of tech bulletins; our local hvac guy who works with JCI, our local JCI branch; read all kinds of literature from the JCI site, and lots of other resources, including this wonderful forum (no sarcasm intended!) I am out of luck so far, and definitely running low on patience.
    Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of succesfully acquring 8.08b hvacpro patch? I understand I will have to pay for it because no one took this off the shelf to work with before now (how hard can it be? definitely sarcasm.) I just need to get these units going... Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by littled2012 View Post
    I am in the same boat that pianoman was; cannot communicate with (ZB) UNT's. Using an XP, with edgeport/1, 1st get "jcserial error code is 1068" then 'communication error: communication not initialized.' With a Windows ME WITH serial port, I get the communication not initialized one. "All" I want is to upload, download & commission replacement UNT's for the school district we do maintenance for.
    A year ago, we purchased the AS-CVTpro300-1, edgeport/1, and Mtools 5.4.2, which included Hvacpro 8.08 from an online vendor who now says I have to buy an upgrade in order to get the patch. It has been sitting on the shelf since then. I pointed out to this vendor that since the patch has been around since at least 12.2009, that said patch should have been included in purchase in 12/2011. I have also talked to additional vendors; a JCI account manager, who was very nice, but so far, not able to point me in any direction but additional ABCS and screen capture of tech bulletins; our local hvac guy who works with JCI, our local JCI branch; read all kinds of literature from the JCI site, and lots of other resources, including this wonderful forum (no sarcasm intended!) I am out of luck so far, and definitely running low on patience.
    Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of succesfully acquring 8.08b hvacpro patch? I understand I will have to pay for it because no one took this off the shelf to work with before now (how hard can it be? definitely sarcasm.) I just need to get these units going... Thank you
    Good day,

I would ensure that you confirm without question that the patch will overcome the issue you are having. Secondly, have you tried accessing the UNT via the N2 bus? If not, then I would try the N2 bus route, as this may do what you want without you having to spend the extra dollars on the upgrade patch.

Cheers,

Sam

Thank you s2am! Because of upgrades JCI has implemented, the workstation no longer is physically connected to N2- uses java script now. And yes, I am worried that it won't solve my issues, but I don't have too many options at this point. Again-thinking I paid for the patch the 1st time, but...it is what it is.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by littled2012 View Post
    Thank you s2am! Because of upgrades JCI has implemented, the workstation no longer is physically connected to N2- uses java script now. And yes, I am worried that it won't solve my issues, but I don't have too many options at this point. Again-thinking I paid for the patch the 1st time, but...it is what it is.
    Thank you!
    Good day,

You are most welcome.

Although your computer is not currently connected to the N2 bus, you can (temporarily) install your HVAC pro to another computer/laptop and use your CVTPro/Edgeport and directly connect this computer to the UNT in question... i.e. disconnect the UNT's N2 connector from your N2 network and directly connect the CVTPro to the UNT's N2 port. The issue is can you get access to the UNT? If you can, then this would be a good option and potentially get you out of spending additional $$$.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Sam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast