Question Can you get a tax credit for boilers too!

I've been hearing alot about furnaces getting the tax credit how bout some boiler systems? I'm talking either steam or hotwater. And could someone please tell me the best boiler I can offer my customers so they an get the tax credit?

THANKS

Commercial or residential?
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Commercial or residential?
    RESIDENTIAL

Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    I've been hearing alot about furnaces getting the tax credit how bout some boiler systems? THANKS
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...tax_credits#c3

Take care.

KEVLAR9981

I have found lists of qualifying equipment which meets or exceeds the federal requirements for the rebate at the respective Manufactures websites.
    You can also download the certificate needed directly from the manufacturers
    website. You just have to pick your brand and google it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Thanks!!! That web site was very helpfull!!!

I would not choose a heating system based on AFUE alone which is what I understand the tax credit does. This is very incomplete and misleading.

Brookhaven labs have pointed this out for at least 25 years. The simple fact is that 2 heating systems with the same AFUE can be 30% different in real world fuel consumption.
    Consider the electronic control managers that claim 10 to 30% fuel savings, but don't change the AFUE, eg the Beckett burner manager, which is the same as IntelliCon-HW+ which give 5 to 20% savings. Even better the Tekmar type which have outdoor reset.
    I have personally replaced boilers and improved the AFUE only 5% and got savings of 30%, and up to 40%. This makes a joke of these ratings.

google this for many articles.
    http://www.energysmartheating.com/afue.php

I should say that I am NOT an Energy Kinetics dealer but have been. They are just one example of technology which makes a joke of the rating system. There are other efficient systems. It is just an example.

any boiler 90% efficient or greater qualifies for a 30% tax credit up to $1500

Bad luck for oil users because most oil burners do not rate 90%.

Much more common for gas burners.

I have been installing Biasi Oil fired boilers for a few years now and they claim a 30% annual fuel savings. I do eff. test after every install and ive seen around 84-86% eff out of these boilers. The stack temp is very low so they use most of the heat they produce! The only thing is you can not get them with a tankless coil so a indirect water heater must be installed if you are using your boiler for hot water.

I have NEVER used a hot water coil in a boiler. I have always used a sidearm flat plate exchanger or an indirect tank.

I have been curious about Biasi. They seem to have a very good reputation. Unfortunately they are not sold here and I am not going to single handedly introduce another boiler as I did many years ago with the Energy Kinetics, which is rated at 87%, as is the Burnham MPO, higher than the Burnham LE; Viessman Vitorond = 86.9%; Viessman Vitola 200 = 87%.
    The highest I found is Buderus G125BE at 89.8%.

I don't know where the bureaucrats get their ideas.