Thread: class b license

class b license

Im trying to start a new company here in texas. ive been a tech for five years i moved up the ladder quikly and became a service manager. The only problem im having know is my previous employer will not sign the app. form that is needed to prove my experience . It is required to have a min. three years exp. Does anyone know another legal way to prove my exp. Not getting anywhere with TDRL. Anything would help thanks.

Cant you justify in another way that you worked for the company through w2 forms or something? That cant only rely on someones signature can they? Maybe thats how they roll in Texas?

W2 from a License Contractor are used in NC
    If you help others then you are a Success

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    How about some customers?

How about another tech that you used to work with ?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by achero0224 View Post
    Im trying to start a new company here in texas. ive been a tech for five years i moved up the ladder quikly and became a service manager. The only problem im having know is my previous employer will not sign the app. form that is needed to prove my experience . It is required to have a min. three years exp. Does anyone know another legal way to prove my exp. Not getting anywhere with TDRL. Anything would help thanks.
    Is it any wonder that you want to go into business for yourself having worked for someone who wants to hold you down? Does he feel threatened? Sour grapes because you want to give it a go on your own?

One letter from a lawyer threatening legal action should do it. Shouldn't cost you more than three hundred dollars.

Boy that just burns my arse. Over the years I've had employees come to me wanting to go into their own business. Not only did I endorse the necessary paperwork, but offered to help them (free business coaching) to get them going. And, have a small going away and best of luck party for them.

In addition to that, the understanding that if things didn't work out, the door would be open for them to come back to work for us.

Some of my best employees are people who gave business a shot and discovered it wasn’t for them.

Best of luck to you in your new venture.

Bill

I was told end of yr paystubs work. But then I am in NC like FCS.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

thanks yall helped alot. Yea they always told me their biggest fear was i would own a company and be their biggest competitor. I talked to my collage teacher who ive helped alot over the past few years and he is going to try to endorse the paperwork needed.As far as a lawer making my previous emplorer sign it will not happen . ive been told by TDLR that there is no law that says they have to in Texas. I will let yall know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by achero0224 View Post
    thanks yall helped alot. Yea they always told me their biggest fear was i would own a company and be their biggest competitor. I talked to my collage teacher who ive helped alot over the past few years and he is going to try to endorse the paperwork needed.As far as a lawer making my previous emplorer sign it will not happen . ive been told by TDLR that there is no law that says they have to in Texas. I will let yall know how it works.
    There dosen't have to be a law that says he has to sign it for you to sue him. He's impeding your ability to make a living. In many states that is a viable defense.

Of course if getting your college teacher to endorse it will be easier, quicker and cheaper.

Good Luck

I believe the term is 'torturous interference with a business relationship'.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I believe the term is 'torturous interference with a business relationship'.
    This guy claims he'll give a free consultation on the issue of torturous interference ...http://www.jerrymelton.com/tortiousinterference.htm

Really its just a tactic, you have to be able to show losses and that is the problem. If the contractor does not want to sign a release etc. Take it as a complement and move on.
    If you plan on starting your own business you are going to have enough on your plate without thinking negative out of the box.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.