Thread: AM PM Shame

AM PM Shame

Here is what we saw in the morning at least the filter was clean, I guess the liquid tight running around it like a snake is what held it in place? But the afternoon sites were the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Saved the best for the last ;)

So, we had to look at an installation job at a new diner, walk in cooler freezer combo box, guy buys all of the used crap equipment, what a deal!! First we find this pieced together condensing unit, it has a 3 HP hermetic compressor mounted to the based, underneath is a large receiver, it is like a 60 to 90 pound capacity, it has a 7/8" line coming out of it, and it is squished down to accommodate a 1/2" line, I figure we are gonna need a hundred pounds to charge this this.

Any ways some one put ductwork in the ceiling for RTUs, that are not even there, not even a curb cut. Looks like they ran 12x10 trunk with no reduction, and each trunk has about 10 8" collars on it. Heres the best part, there are no crimps on these collars, they are just thin gauge round pipe fastened to the trunk. How are the fastened? With Foil tape, looks like they wrapped some painters masking tape around them to hold them together at the crimp.

Well, I bid all of this equipment, I guess I was too high, cant wait till he opens the doors
    Attached Images Attached Images       

That looks like a classic diy to me.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I was looking at the last picture, seems they terminated the insulation, guess the figured no conditioned air would go past the last tap??

Quote Originally Posted by 2001 View Post
    So, we had to look at an installation job at a new diner, walk in cooler freezer combo box, guy buys all of the used crap equipment, what a deal!! First we find this pieced together condensing unit, it has a 3 HP hermetic compressor mounted to the based, underneath is a large receiver, it is like a 60 to 90 pound capacity, it has a 7/8" line coming out of it, and it is squished down to accommodate a 1/2" line, I figure we are gonna need a hundred pounds to charge this this.
    Any ways some one put ductwork in the ceiling for RTUs, that are not even there, not even a curb cut. Looks like they ran 12x10 trunk with no reduction, and each trunk has about 10 8" collars on it. Heres the best part, there are no crimps on these collars, they are just thin gauge round pipe fastened to the trunk. How are the fastened? With Foil tape, looks like they wrapped some painters masking tape around them to hold them together at the crimp.

Well, I bid all of this equipment, I guess I was too high, cant wait till he opens the doors
    Sounds like you're going to get his unit running?

Quote Originally Posted by pchsteve View Post
    Sounds like you're going to get his unit running?
    The guy better have alot of money in advance, if he thinks I am working on that crap.

Ok...just wanted to make sure. I dont think any amount of waivers of liability would make me take that job.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001 View Post
    So, we had to look at an installation job at a new diner, walk in cooler freezer combo box, guy buys all of the used crap equipment, what a deal!!
    Get this, the customer called my on call guy the other night after 4 PM, says his WI is running at 60 deg. So my on call guy calls me and asks if he should go. I told him we could really use the work, but the aggravation is not worth it. So the customer called him back later and he told him we are not interested. He said,"what? you don't want to work for me any more?" I can see this place is going to be a nightmare, plus when I worked at his former diner, it always turned into stop by Sunday, and I will pay you, now he is over a half hr away, and I do not miss him and his pay later plan.

Looks like the guys took all of the left over parts from previous jobs and used them here.