Some people should stick to just A/C

Frank N.

Stein.

Was that previously air cooled and now hacked into being water cooled?

Could of at least painted the burn marks LOL :}

who ever worked on this unit obviously did't know how to fix or charge this type of unit.

Nope matt the unit is for heating and dehumidification of pool rooms this one doesnt have the cooling option can only imagine what it would look like if it did The arrow on the small water valve didnt show in the pic but its not doing a thing taking water from the outlet at the burn holes and going to the outlet of the condensor.

The sad thing is I have a horrile feeling I am going to wind up fixing this mess and getting to say I told ya so and the controls are worse than the inside of the unit.

I love to keep the old ones running but with the rust in the dehumid coil you might want to look at replacing that coil along with the piping. It's easy to change when you have all the tubing out anyway.

Good luck. What kind of controls too? Mechanical or electronic?

Talking

Nice braze job, and I especially like that kinked liquid line right after the sight-glass! HA! Is this person trying to bypass cloning and make his own octopus?

that's not a kink, its the "primary metering device"

Delta well the controls are basicly wirenuts

Found out who did it and was kinda surprised when I heard the name. they actually do an above average job on basic a/c

Just goes to show, your shop is only as good as your worst tech

It's ok...he swept with nitro..heheh

Originally posted by cynic
    Delta well the controls are basicly wirenuts

Found out who did it and was kinda surprised when I heard the name. they actually do an above average job on basic a/c
    I use to be surprised but now I expect this kind of stuff even from the best seeing as they don't take the time to understand what these systems do.

Couple of years ago I got a call from Mpl, MN from 2 engineers that were brothers who where hired to redo this big house and make it more energy efficient. They spent some time on the phone with me telling me how I needed to check out the enthalpy control on this pool system for "free" cooling..on and on. Let them talk cause couldn't shut them up anyway. At the end I told them the systems doesn't cool the area but heats,dehumidifies and the enthalpy control was for bringing in dry, winter air to displace himid, hot pool room air. They didn't have a clue.

Told the owner they could do anything at his house except touch the Etech. I won, they lost. Most just don't know how these systems work period.