Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first 20i

first 20i

our install crew is backed up for awhile so i jumped in to get caught back up alittle, this job kicked my a** , much respect to the guys that do it day in and day out, my whole body was sore for days afterwards
    Attached Images Attached Images       

one more pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i recommend getting some clear pvc cement. looks nice though. did you use an electrical whip or romex from disconnect to condenser?
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

romex, the pvc glue is called rain r shine, its the only thing our shop stocks for glue, supposedly u can use it even when the pipe is saturated

LOL, Wow The time I was an Installer. I didn't put pooky on the plentum seams. and the gas feed (no cuplings) if you can by code use gastight (yellow) pipe stuff. and on pvc use less purple,use a tape measure on the fittings before you you put the cleaner on. the lineset is neat but it should be long sweeping turns or hand bends. because you can slow the velosity with too many 90's

20i

Nice job, and a nice unit. our company has had a run on them, going on our 8th or ninth, most all with the air handler not the furnace. Also here in wonderful Iowa we have to get them off the ground with snowlegs, usually Trane bay legs. Good job

LOL, Wow The time I was an Installer. I didn't put pooky on the plentum seams. and the gas feed (no cuplings) if you can by code use gastight (yellow) pipe stuff. and on pvc use less purple,use a tape measure on the fittings before you you put the cleaner on. the lineset is neat but it should be long sweeping turns or hand bends. because you can slow the velosity with too many 90's

theres a union right after the shutoff, you dont need to use gastite but id clean up your fittings after doping them up like that. how come you used teflon on a couple and dope on the rest? also looks like the gasline is copper...not a fan of that.
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Why didn't you install the XC95 communicating furnace to go with XL20i (communicating)? Also nice to see cased coils used but in this scenario you may not have had the option. Is it a Trane OEM coil?

The installation looks well done, so thumbs up indeed. But I wonder why the XC95 wasn't chosen over the XV95. Also, the filter drier shouldn't really be needed since Trane factory installs them. Hope the future service tech recognizes that. Just a couple things that caught my eye in an otherwise well done installation (in my mind).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Why didn't you install the XC95 communicating furnace to go with XL20i (communicating)? Also nice to see cased coils used but in this scenario you may not have had the option. Is it a Trane OEM coil?

The installation looks well done, so thumbs up indeed. But I wonder why the XC95 wasn't chosen over the XV95. Also, the filter drier shouldn't really be needed since Trane factory installs them. Hope the future service tech recognizes that. Just a couple things that caught my eye in an otherwise well done installation (in my mind).
    yeah i know, had to pull new wire for the outdoor unit because of it and install a wiring harness kit for the condenser, not my job, estimater sold it, i think it had something to do with the rebates

the evap. is matched with condenser but because of the height of the orginal coil box i had to get a custom made box, that thing was huge man, thanks for all coments

Only question I have is the field installed drier even though Trane has one built in?

Otherwise great attention to detail and quality work.

drier is just something extra we do on all installs and open heart surgery, for me its kinda like second nature, it is alittle overkill and id rather get the extra 25 bucks in my commision LOL

extra filter drier

Most guys install the extra filter drier because they dont use nitro. clean work. I would recommend a transition on that return before it hits the raised platform, you are going to have some super turbulant air there!
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Energy efficient and economical to operate are not synonyms
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast