Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No 30 psi is not the same as 250 microns. Psi is pressure. microns is vacuum
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kajer View Post
    No 30 psi is not the same as 250 microns. Psi is pressure. microns is vacuum
    Think he means -30.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    You're too mellow. Call them back and ask them to complete the job.
    Bet you completely paid them. Ask 'em what the deal is.And when can you expect to be made whole.
    Unfortunately I did pay them. They did a very clean install (from a visual appearance perspective). I didn't realize most of the missed items until after they left and I reviewed the manuals.

This company has excellent reviews online and I contacted a few of their past customers for references. After learning what they missed on my install, I contacted those other customers again and found that they had the same problems (fan speed not set, some checks not done, etc.). But the average consumer figures that the installation was clean, heat comes out of the furnace and cold air out of the a/c so everything must be setup correctly.

I feel that I'm really wasting time trying to get them to come back, because they clearly do not do the commissioning part of the installation. I may give it a shot, but I'm at the point where I feel I have to cut my losses.

The positive side is that there are 3 other furnace and a/c installations that will be done in the family in the next few months. Everyone was going to use my contractor until now. That puts a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by john_ertw View Post
    Unfortunately I did pay them. They did a very clean install (from a visual appearance perspective). I didn't realize most of the missed items until after they left and I reviewed the manuals.

This company has excellent reviews online and I contacted a few of their past customers for references. After learning what they missed on my install, I contacted those other customers again and found that they had the same problems (fan speed not set, some checks not done, etc.). But the average consumer figures that the installation was clean, heat comes out of the furnace and cold air out of the a/c so everything must be setup correctly.

I feel that I'm really wasting time trying to get them to come back, because they clearly do not do the commissioning part of the installation. I may give it a shot, but I'm at the point where I feel I have to cut my losses.

The positive side is that there are 3 other furnace and a/c installations that will be done in the family in the next few months. Everyone was going to use my contractor until now. That puts a smile on my face.

Sounds like a stable company.
    You really shouldn't be charged anything.
    I'd make the call and negotiate something.
    You're not trying to get something for nothing, the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Think he means -30.
    That is correct. Does the unit microns refer to microns of mercury or microns of water or something else? I was asking to determine if he evacuated the system to the manufacturer's recommended amount of vacuum.

should have used the straps that came with it then wraped it with cork tape. sounds like hack lazy installers.Not sure about paying someone to finish a job i already paid someone to do.I would call and ask to talk to the owner of the hack shop.Tell them your going to call the local news station to come do a story on it.If the news stations in your town do that kind of stuff.ours do if a consumer is haveing problems with a contractor. they will come to your home and do a whole story and air it on the 5 o`clock news.That really help the contractor,s reputation.

That is correct. Does the unit microns refer to microns of mercury or microns of water or something else? I was asking to determine if he evacuated the system to the manufacturer's recommended amount of vacuum.
    Who knows what he did?

You seem to be an OK kinda guy, we all should have more customers like you.

Now, go call 'em back.

Quote Originally Posted by mb20fan View Post
    should have used the straps that came with it then wraped it with cork tape. sounds like hack lazy installers.Not sure about paying someone to finish a job i already paid someone to do.I would call and ask to talk to the owner of the hack shop.Tell them your going to call the local news station to come do a story on it.If the news stations in your town do that kind of stuff.ours do if a consumer is haveing problems with a contractor. they will come to your home and do a whole story and air it on the 5 o`clock news.That really help the contractor,s reputation.
    You shouldn't have to threaten 'em.
    Try to make 'em WANT to do the right thing.
    Better for both parties.

yes he may mean 30 in hg. But with out a micron gage he was most likly way above 250 microns. The gage set wil hit 29.92 in hg but you could still be at 10,000 microns.
    Semper Fi

I would say no he did not. If the tech didnt use a micron gage the the tech would have no way of knowing for sure
    Semper Fi

is that black tape ul listed

Frown

The copper straps must be used on the sensing bulb period. The straps provide much of the thermal contact to the suction line. Nothing plastic or tape should ever be used. They could be overfeeding the evaporator because of the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Do it right the first time.

agreed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast