Question Recovery Unit???

I was thinking about purchasing a recovery unit, but was a little stuck. Anyone used the Diablo Reftec Oilless High-Speed Refrigerant Recovery Unit? I used the Appion G5 Twin before and was debating over which one I should get. Thanks!

I like the G5 twin but the factory gauges don't hold up to abuse, and by abuse I mean forgetting to open the output valve when you crack open the input. The little needle and spring will unwind itself really fast.

Patience is a virtue, and just because it's late doesn't mean I should hurry. "Doh!"

Please try checking on the hvacproductrating site to read about the different recovery machines available and then come back here to discuss. They show descriptions and specs of some of the brands available. The site is new so there may not be too many reviews there yet. If you have used a particular machine please write a review for others to see what you thought of it.
    Last edited by soaker; 06-18-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zrox View Post
    I was thinking about purchasing a recovery unit, but was a little stuck. Anyone used the Diablo Reftec Oilless High-Speed Refrigerant Recovery Unit? I used the Appion G5 Twin before and was debating over which one I should get. Thanks!
    ive been using the g5 for about 2 years and i love it its light and fast. one of the other techs has the diablo i dont like the size weight or speed but thats just an oppinion no real research.

Would it be possible to write that review on the hvacproductratings.com site also so that it has a chance to work. I am basically asking for help to try to get this going, I think in the end it will be a great addition to the discussions that take place in this Residential forum and elsewhere on this site.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Would it be possible to write that review on the hvacproductratings.com site also so that it has a chance to work. I am basically asking for help to try to get this going, I think in the end it will be a great addition to the discussions that take place in this Residential forum and elsewhere on this site.
    yeah im at work on mobile but ill go to the site and write up a review when im off ll look throught the rest of the products and write reviews for any i can also

I use the G5 twin and have never had a problem, fast and light, especially if you have to rope up on a rooftop

I really appreciate you guys going to hvacproductratings.com to write the reviews on recovery machines and any other products you had experiences with. It will really help get that site going which can help guys see what is thought of these products before they buy them. I think it will be good to come back to these forums to discuss the products and their reviews afterwards.