Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    I guess I don't understand.

If this stuff will not work on large leaks and is made for typical return bend and bulkhead perforation leaks on evaporator coils, would it not be better for a poor customer and in his better interest to add some freon yearly and eliminate his risk of having to buy a new system?
    Just adding refrigerant on a yearly basis does not guarantee that you eliminate the risk of having to buy a new system. You can still have contaminants in the system from the leak that will adversely affect the compressor performance and lead to failure.
    Last edited by Thurmont HVAC; 06-17-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: garmmar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    sealant in 106 of 267.

Why don't you just fix them right? In my experience the majority of the time when people get super defensive is when they know they are doing wrong.

Superseal in my opinion is a hack product in itself. Can't stand the stuff and refuse to use it. If other techs suggest them using it in my systems I tell them "fix it right, BUT DO NOT put that $&@! in my systems"
    If they were accessable and not on ALuminum bulk heads or in walls that run through several floors in apartment buildings, yeah I'll fix em. I fix leaks where I can and when it is feasable, I work on many systems that I have repaired leaks in after other companies in my area couldn't find them or just weren't taught how to properly use the tools that they have. I'm glad you have a different opinion than me on this subject that s what makes the world go round and if everyone had the same opinion it would be one boring ass place. The only thing I get defensive about is someone who thinks he knows everything and calls others Hacks, it is totaly uncalled for and very un professional. Oh and by the way 33 of the other leaking systems I have are York coils that have a Factory leaks. I'm waiting for new coils and will replace them when I get them. Something to do with their assembly process or the Microban coating they were using.
    Last edited by Thurmont HVAC; 06-17-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmont HVAC View Post
    If they were accessable and not on ALuminum bulk heads or in walls that run through several floors in apartment buildings, yeah I'll fix em. I fix leaks where I can and when it is feasable, I work on many systems that I have repaired leaks in after other companies in my area couldn't find them or just weren't taught how to properly use the tools that they have. I'm glad you have a different opinion than me on this subject that s what makes the world go round and if everyone had the same opinion it would be one boring ass place. The only thing I get defensive about is someone who thinks he knows everything and calls others Hacks, it is totaly uncalled for and very un professional. Oh and by the way 33 of the other leaking systems I have are York coils that have a Factory leaks. I'm waiting for new coils and will replace them when I get them. Something to do with their assembly process or the Microban coating they were using.
    I would like to apologize for my comments. It was unprofessional to react as I did. I stand by my opinion on this product's use and will continue to do so. It was wrong of me to respond as I did. Have a great day and thank you.

I've used it 3 times and all were from the customer asking to use it, the first one was an old GE unit had to be at least 30 yrs old, it was an account that had many branches and the manager (a first class horses ass) said he saw it online smoewhere and wanted to use it, I told him the stuff was famous for killing units, but he said to do it, so I did, the unit has been running flawlessly for over 6 yrs

He still acuses me of just wanting to sell equipment so I guess you can't win

I still have a can on the truck incase somebody can't afford to repair the leak, and they want it

Guess I'm a hack

I garantee that you are not perfect, no one is and you have no right calling names to anyone. I'm not perfect and I didn't call you names. Don't get all wah wah.
    Again I can't believe that you and some others have professional Member under your name by the way you post against some one who believes different to you. The fact is that this was my post with picture proof of what the sealant did inside a drier. You posted in this giving your difference of opinion. How does that make me unprofessional? I provided photos and you provided verbage in writing of how great it works for you. That doesn't sell me.
    You are no SUPER MECHANIC who knows all, You don't know me how do you know? if you were you wouldn't be on this Board. That makes no sense what so ever. Why would I not be on the board sharing what I find? And Yes I do put the stickers on the equipment with My Company Name and phone #
    Please see RED above.

Just adding refrigerant on a yearly basis does not guarantee that you eliminate the risk of having to buy a new system. You can still have contaminants in the system from the leak that will adversely affect the compressor performance and lead to failure.
    If the system remains under a positive pressure, how is it possible for contaminants to get in?

Only when you pump the system down to atmospheric or below and open the system for servicing do you risk contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    I would like to apologize for my comments. It was unprofessional to react as I did. I stand by my opinion on this product's use and will continue to do so. It was wrong of me to respond as I did. Have a great day and thank you.
    Accepted, I respect your opinion on the product and why you choose not to use it. I stand by my opinion as well because I have had sucess with it. agree to disagree ?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If the system remains under a positive pressure, how is it possible for contaminants to get in?

Only when you pump the system down to atmospheric or below and open the system for servicing do you risk contamination.
    True but alot of systems I have seen people fill up because they were "flat" or in a vacuum. When they reach vacuum then you introduce moisture into the system through the leak.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Please see RED above.
    OK so you didn't exactly call me a name but you Implied that I am not a"good Mechanic" and "don't believe I keep Good records" Your a very judgemental person for not knowing someone. I saw your pictures and see where you are coming from. I see the big clump. But the fact of the matter is I haven't had that problem with any of the systems that I have the sealant in. I have not lost 1 compressor in any of the systems either. I highly doubt that I am the only company that uses the product because it doesn't stay on the shelves very long at most of the supply houses and talking with a few of my salesmen alot of companies by it by the case. So if you lost a dryer or compressor, well thats unfortunate but some of us out there are using it with sucess. Sorry I don't have a picture to show you but a picture of a unit running on the side of the house is not very telling now is it?You are no SUPER MECHANIC who knows all, You don't know me how do you know? Yeah thats the kind of mentallity I would like to get advice from when in a jam!

Accepted, I respect your opinion on the product and why you choose not to use it. I stand by my opinion as well because I have had sucess with it. agree to disagree ?
    Agreed...good luck to you and looking forward to the future battles we will have...I'll try to behave!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Agreed...good luck to you and looking forward to the future battles we will have...I'll try to behave!!!!!
    Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by mikem3815 View Post
    The only thing I EVER use to fix a leak is my leak detector
    invest in some torches

True but alot of systems I have seen people fill up because they were "flat" or in a vacuum. When they reach vacuum then you introduce moisture into the system through the leak.
    And we are back to square one.

Adding gas to a 'flat' system without pulling a good vacuum is not good service practice.

You can't pull a good vacuum on a leaking system.

Catch-22.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast