Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I have used it in two systems. One seems OK, it's been a few months and they haven't called me back anyway, and on the other, the compressor locked up after nine days. I have two more cans of that stuff, I'm taking back to the supply house. I'm done with it.

We changed dryers, evacuated system and had one unit run for two weeks before compressor locked up. Agree...take the stuff back!!!

I've used it in about 100 systems. If you follow the directions you shouldn't have any problems. Yes it is a last ditch effort to keep someone up and running. I have only had 3 systems that it did not seal. It isn't good for heavy leakers, it is only good for the small leaks. I haven't lost 1 compressor because of it. If you have excessive moisture in your system to begin with then you WILL have problems. Be smart about how you install it, read the directions. I tell my customers that "you have about a 75% chance of it working and that about a 30% chance of some form of system damage is possable". But if your customer is looking for a Hail Mary fix and can't afford to replace just yet then use it. Whats the worst that will happen.... You might sell a new system!

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    I'm done with it. I will not recommend it and will highly recommend staying away from it. I went back to the supply house to put in my formal complaint and one of the guys in there said he's used it a few times and he's lost two compressors from systems that have had this put in within a few weeks.

Let this be warning to all, that if you decide to use this, at a minimum you need to install a new drier.

This stuff reacts with Oxygen. What's in a drier, moisture? What's mositure, H2OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh no...
    Just a guess, (I've used it twice) I'm wondering if the issue was how much O2 was in the system. I know that the first time I bought this stuff, they only had the superseal available, the second time, they had a drying agent (that I didn't purchase;()

I haven't had a call back yet, but I am expecting one soon!!

I'm in the same boat JD, I found out about this stuff from my boss, whom said another tech used it and had no problems. So far, I haven't been to that other tech's incident yet.

I tried to make sure the system was really dry and run the system immediately. I suppose if there was already moisture=water in the drier, it would coagulate like your pics. I will definitely post when these systems fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmont HVAC View Post
    I've used it in about 100 systems. If you follow the directions you shouldn't have any problems. Yes it is a last ditch effort to keep someone up and running. I have only had 3 systems that it did not seal. It isn't good for heavy leakers, it is only good for the small leaks. I haven't lost 1 compressor because of it. If you have excessive moisture in your system to begin with then you WILL have problems. Be smart about how you install it, read the directions. I tell my customers that "you have about a 75% chance of it working and that about a 30% chance of some form of system damage is possable". But if your customer is looking for a Hail Mary fix and can't afford to replace just yet then use it. Whats the worst that will happen.... You might sell a new system!

I was all. WOO HOO! when I read your response until I got to the greedy part. I don't know how I feel about setting a system up to (maybe) malfunction. Sounds like you've done it quite a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Have used it 4 or 5 times with horrible results each time. Last couple of times we replaced all dryers and evacuated really well, and still lost both compressors. Don't use it!!!!!!!!
    I have a tough time believing that it is a "horrible" product. I think that, just like anything else, if it is not used correctly, it can be dissasterous.
    Last edited by DavyB; 06-16-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmont HVAC View Post
    I've used it in about 100 systems
    I think you may need to seriously re-evaluate your leak repair tactics. HVAC/R Super Seal is not intended as a repair for leaking schrader valves or bad solder joints.

100 systems.
    Do you own stock in the company or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    I was all. WOO HOO! when I read your response until I got to the greedy part. I don't know how I feel about setting a system up to (maybe) malfunction. Sounds like you've done it quite a bit though.
    I don't set them up to fail, I try to give them a little more life so that my customers can maybe get a little more out of them until they can afford to replace. I don't know if you noticed but alot of people are out of work and cannot aford a new system and if the super seal gets them thru til they can afford one then I'll use it if I can. And to have only 3 systems out of 100 not seal, well I can live with that!

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    I think you may need to seriously re-evaluate your leak repair tactics. HVAC/R Super Seal is not intended as a repair for leaking schrader valves or bad solder joints.

100 systems.
    Do you own stock in the company or something?
    NO I don't need to reevaluate my practices, I read instructions do You?? yeah it isn't for reparing schrader valves and leaking solder joints its for the small micro leaks that you will find on old evap coils. yeah 100 systems, No I don't own stock!

Hacks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Hacks!!!

From my years on this forum the Definition of hack on this site:

Anyone who does Anything different than you..

Nothing personal but the term is so over played on this site and its such a weak cop out.

The largest company in my area buys it by the case and has been using it with success for many years. Different strokes for different folks. Just cause you don't agree which is fine doesn't mean someone is a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    From my years on this forum the Definition of hack on this site:

Anyone who does Anything different than you..

Nothing personal but the term is so over played on this site and its such a weak cop out.

The largest company in my area buys it by the case and has been using it with success for many years. Different strokes for different folks. Just cause you don't agree which is fine doesn't mean someone is a hack.
    Not bothering to find a leak and repairing it is a hack. You guys think that a can of crap is your solution to a problem. It is guys like you that give this profession a bad rap. The largest company in your area should be finding the leaks and not putting that crap into systems.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Not bothering to find a leak and repairing it is a hack. You guys think that a can of crap is your solution to a problem. It is guys like you that give this profession a bad rap. The largest company in your area should be finding the leaks and not putting that crap into systems.
    I agree. Please see sig below.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast