Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

My parents last year on the Fourth of July. Are any of the rest of you brave enough to post your family gatherings?

don"t do family gatherings on holidays> try to stay away from all the crazies that travel on holidays> hate holidays< they disrupt my weekly flow>

Try the heavy flow Kotex`s

Talking

Thanks James LMAO.

Thanks for the advice James> I"m glad that works for you but that is not what I was talking about>

Our family does get together for the Christless holidays but not for any others> My son usually spends fathers day with me for quality time that doesn"t involve courtrooms>

For someone that does not like Santa and the Easter Bunny, it was a given you would have a problem with Fathers day. With any luck, Jr. will stick you with the restaurant bill or drive you over to some rest home and have you committed.
    I got up at 6:30:am and drove 70 miles and cleaned off my fathers grave and changed out the flowers.

you are a good man james
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

My son and i always spend fathers day together doing something we used to do in his youth. today we went out for lunch and to the movies to see 'finding nemo'. sometimes we go to the smithsonian.

i also called my dad to wish him a happy fathers day. fathers day isn't too bad for me but for some it has to be very bad. i have two good friends who have lost children. my son just this week attended the funeral of a 23 year old friend. this special day must be hell for these people.

My daughter took me to see "Finding Nemo" (well I had to drive,pay for the movie and buy the popcorn), but it's the thought that counts. Oh and we stopped for ice cream on the way home.

[Edited by chucko615 on 06-15-2003 at 09:33 PM]
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Got up early, caught a shower, Brewed a pot a coffee. Read the paper with some light music on. Went out and did some yard work ( had to pull a dead pine tree with pick up).
    Rototilled the ground, got my grass planted.

Got back in the house and it was still early, waited till the kids got up and we cooked breakfast. Went over to the inlaws and had a few beers. Not enough days anymore for this stuff, just goofing off. Make the most of them..

Drank coffee, rassled & played with my 2 y/o boy, consoled the 7 week old girl (colic), did yardwork also (friggin' HOT!), went to mee maw's for family gathering & big 'ole pot of seafood gumbo, salad and french bread yum.

I am a blessed man.

Happy Father's Day, y'all!

just being a father makes us blessed in my opinion. for some of us the saddest and the most joyous moments in life are from being a parent.

Originally posted by rob10
    My parents last year on the Fourth of July. Are any of the rest of you brave enough to post your family gatherings?
    I posted pictures of my clan at Thanksgiving time.

The whole family comes to my house in August for the Bennington Battle Day Parade. This is a bigger event then even the Fish Festival in Vemilion OH. After the Parade everyone comes to our house for swiming, food,suds and of course a poker game breaks out.

Anyway, rob10, a "good" son would have installed a central air conditioning system for his Dad for Father's Day. Maybe one of those high efficent 410A-16 SEER systems. Your folks are spending a arm and a leg running that 7.5 SEER window shaker. Nice going robby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast