Thread: spinach

spinach

Have alot of spinach from the garden. Tired of it all vinegary. Last night I put some olive oil in a pan, tossed in alot of chopped garlic and almonds and bacon chunks. When the bacon looked like it was cookin, I threw on all of the spinach leaves and reduced um. Before I served it a squeezed 1/2 a lemon over the top. It was sure tasty.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I like to chop fresh spinach and pack it in the middle of burgers before I grill them
    If con is the opposite of pro
    is congress the opposite of progress?

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Have alot of spinach from the garden. Tired of it all vinegary. Last night I put some olive oil in a pan, tossed in alot of chopped garlic and almonds and bacon chunks. When the bacon looked like it was cookin, I threw on all of the spinach leaves and reduced um. Before I served it a squeezed 1/2 a lemon over the top. It was sure tasty.
    That's a lot like a spinach salad I had near Las Vegas. It was prepared at the table and the spinach was wilted with bacon grease. A dressing was added with a little brown sugar and wine vinegar. Very tasty.

There was a vegetarian that said what he missed most was bacon.
    Tracers work both ways.